Administration | Miami, FL
EarlyShares is looking for a savvy Office Administrator to join the team. We are looking for someone who will be the hub of all administrative affairs in the office and who wants to grow within the company in an administrative capacity.
Who We Are
EarlyShares.com is the premier Equity Based Crowdfunding portal in the U.S. and provides innovative and cost-effective tools to assist qualified entrepreneurs and business owners gain access to the necessary capital from individual investors and venture capitalist from all over the globe. Before the JOBS Act was passed in April 2012, equity based crowdfunding was not legal. But the EarlyShares founders had a vision and created this company in 2011 based on that vision. Now that the Act has passed, the entire team is working around the clock to help shape this brand new industry. If you don’t know what crowdfunding is, then this position is not for you. If you know all about crowdfunding, and you’re eager to jump in the middle of it all, apply now with your resume and a cover letter.
Because we are a startup company, you will wear several different hats. You will essentially be the go-to person for administrative matters. This means you will be our office manager, front desk operator, administrative assistant, executive assistant, and sometimes perform personal assistant duties for the senior management team (President, VP and the CEO). You will also be required to handle some light bookkeeping. You will report directly to the senior management team but will also assist other department heads as needed. Essential functions of the position include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Provide executive support to the senior management team by maintaining personal calendars of appointments, setting up conference calls, acting as liaison between the senior management team and vendors or suppliers of goods, attend meetings & take meeting notes upon request;
- Provide administrative support by fulfilling communications and correspondence requests such as scanning and sending out documents or faxing documents, maintaining and organizing files, running various errands such as going to the bank or picking up the mail from the mailroom, assist department heads with special projects or tasks, maintaining a continuous and detailed inventory of all office supplies & preparing internal purchase orders for additional supplies, maintaining a database of important company contacts, making travel arrangements for all employees, handling bookkeeping and maintaining accounts;
- Provide managerial support by acting as a liaison between employees, middle level management, and the senior management team, filtering communications and requests to the appropriate department, coordinating with multiple parties to ensure communications of urgent matters or projects;
- Provide front desk operator support by routing all operator-received calls to the correct department or staff member requested, meeting and greeting visitors, keeping the lobby area tidy and magazines organized;
- Provide personal assistance to the senior management team by assisting with or completing tasks assigned to you which may be associated with the President's, CEO's, or VP's other business affairs.
Desired Skills & Experience
The ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:
- Bookkeeping skills including journal entries and bank reconciliations;
- Excellent communication skills in English, both verbal and written (writing sample may be required);
- The ability to multitask on various projects at once;
- High proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and QuickBooks;
- Experience in arranging executive travel with detailed itineraries;
- Minimum 4 years experience in a similar job function;
- WordPress experience (preferred, but not required);
- Social Media experienced (preferred, but not required).
EarlyShares offers a comprehensive benefits package for all full-time employees inclusive of medical, and dental (option).
Total Compensation: $30,000-$32,000
- Salary $26,000 ~ $28,000 +
- Bonus $2,600 to $5,200 +
- Medical/Dental Employer Contribution of 50% ($2,500 cap)
NO Agencies please
NO Phone Calls or Faxes
** Apply Online Only - please include picture **
Only LOCAL candidates will be considered – EarlyShares.com does not provide relocation assistance