Manager, Marketing and Events
Marketing and Events | Washington, DC | Full Time | From $50,000.00 to $60,000.00 per year
The Dupont Circle Business Improvement District (BID) is a nonprofit formed to elevate the iconic Dupont Circle neighborhood with public space management, strategic marketing, and economic development initiatives. With more than $35 million in public investment planned for a new plaza and streetscape improvements along Connecticut Avenue NW, the BID is poised to energize the neighborhood with increased cleaning services, brand management, events, and more.
The Dupont Circle BID seeks a Manager, Marketing & Events, a full-time employee who will be responsible for managing and overseeing the growing organization’s initiatives in brand management, communications, media relations, and event management. The ideal candidate must be an energetic, creative self-starter, eager to advance a marketing and events program from the ground up. This person should be able to manage several projects simultaneously and maintain daily tasks and deadlines. They will work collaboratively with a nimble team at the Dupont Circle BID and think creatively about how to accomplish organizational objectives. A background in placemaking and/or urban design, urban planning, etc. is a plus. The BID seeks someone with a passion for the District of Columbia and the Dupont Circle neighborhood.
Communications and Public Relations:
- Develop media advisories and press releases for BID events and initiatives
- Maintain relationships with the media, BID members, residents, stakeholders, and external partners
- Create monthly newsletters
- Monitor media coverage and post to digital outlets
- Oversee BID marketing and placemaking materials
- Manage contractors who provide supplemental marketing/ brand management services
- Daily oversight, content creation, and management of social outlets
- Manage updates to the BID website
- Compile and design regular reports and presentations in partnership with the executive director
- Work with the executive director to assist in the development of BID marketing budget
- Digital asset management: organize and maintain marketing communications library.
- Represent the BID at events and meetings
- Responsible for the BIDs Event portfolio including managing events, overseeing production, logistics, and staffing
- Ensure branding and marketing is tied to event series and individual events
- Oversee vendors, contracts, and logistics/staffing for BID-run events
- Provide event reports that include metrics such as attendance, feedback, outcomes, etc.
- Assist in the development of the BID’s event budget
- Create event tie-ins with businesses
- Bacjelor's Degree in marketing, communications, journalism, or other related field preferred
- At least two years’ professional experience in marketing, events, communications, or similar field
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Detail-oriented approach
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Mailchimp, Adobe Creative Suite products
- Proficiency utilizing social media outlets
- Familiarity with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system a plus
Dupont Circle BID is an equal opportunity employer.