Administrative | Washington, DC | Part Time and Internship
The Dupont Circle Business Improvement District (BID) is a nonprofit formed in 2018 to elevate the iconic Dupont Circle neighborhood with public space management, strategic marketing, and economic development initiatives. With more than $25 million in public investment planned for a new plaza and streetscape improvements along Connecticut Avenue NW, the BID is poised to energize the neighborhood with increased cleaning services, brand management, events and more.
The intern will support the busy Executive Director, and duties include:
- Answer phone inquiries and provide basic information
- Assist in preparing information and research materials
- Organize and manage electronic and paper files
- Manage databases and input information, data, and records
- Respond to some web correspondence, social media posts, and emails
- Research and gather documentation related to Dupont Circle BID specifically and BIDs in general
- Update and post supervised social media and website content
- Attend various Dupont Circle BID meetings and events
- High school degree or equivalent; ideal candidate has a degree or is in the process of obtaining a degree in urban planning, real estate, communications, economics or a similar field.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Experience with ArcGIS/ digital mapping is not required but is a plus
- Experience with Adobe Suite is not required but is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-directed and able to work without supervision
- Energetic and eager to tackle new projects and ideas
Dupont Circle BID is an equal opportunity employer.