Software Engineer - API Engineer
Software Engineering Team | Mountain View, CA | Full Time
THIS JOB POSTING IS OUT OF DATE, YOU MUST NOW GO HERE
FOR ALL CAREERS GO TO - https://www.drchrono.com/careers
REQUIREMENT: Take the "drchrono hacker challenge" to get invited in for a healthcare hackathon. ( What is a healthcare hackathon? )
Please submit personal projects also, they will be reviewed. We want to see aptitude for a programming and releasing software.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a member of drchrono's engineering team, we want you to bring experience building real products in the real world from the ground up. Your teammates should see you as a programming expert and go to you with their toughest problems. You should be comfortable jumping in the deep end and learning new skills.
drchrono is looking for a software engineer to head up development of our internal and external APIs, and act as liaison to the development community at large. For this role, we’re targeting the most elusive combination of skills: the social programmer. If your ideal day consists of equal parts coding and blogging about an amazing healthcare API, let’s chat.
Join us and help bring amazing ideas off the whiteboard and into reality.
Our engineers play a key role in product development, from concept to launch, so be ready to bring your creative ideas to the table. And because we push new versions of the platform, website, apps and API multiple times a week, it won't take long to get your work out in front of our thousands of users.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable in a fluid start-up environment and will bring an energetic, fun and creative approach to their work. You could be an experienced engineer or a recent graduate eager to learn and get involved at all stages of the development life-cycle.
This job will be based in our headquarters, "the chronoplex" in the Mountain View, CA. We offer a competitive compensation package.
- Implement our internal and public facing API
- Act as main point of contact for internal and external consumers of the API
- Develop relationships with key consumers of the API
- Represent drchrono engineering at developer conferences, hackathons, etc
- Write code samples, articles, best practices and tutorials
- Hacker strong with CS fundamentals from Bachelor’s in CS, engineering, related discipline or equivalent industry experience
- Solid intuition on what makes good RESTful services (web services, REST, XML, JSON)
- Curiosity, and a willingness to learn and talk about emerging technologies
- Strong presentation skills
- Friendly, outgoing personality
- Experience with other amazing APIs (e.g.: twitters, facebooks, twilio, etc)
- Strong Python experience or, even better, experience and/or interest in Django
- Comfortable in a small, intense and high-growth start-up environment
- Ability to manage conflicting project demands and thrive in a small, fast-paced, start-up environment
- Understand mission-critical and data-intensive problems
- Experience using MySQL in a production environment
- Love and use HTML5
- Comfortable with AJAX based websites and jQuery
- Demonstrated design and UX sensibilities
- Stock options
- Competitive salaries
- Vacation days & time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life & disability coverage
- 401k & commuter benefits
- Flexible spending accounts ( FSA )
- Apple gear - iPad, iPhone, Macbook
- Company stocked snacks & beverages
- Build something that makes the world a better place
- Be excited to come to work knowing you are making difference
drchrono is a medical platform for doctors and patients.
We are crafting only the best mobile healthcare experience, with a focus on iPad, iPhone and web. The driving force of our efforts is in changing the way people engage and experience healthcare through electronic health records. We’re building some fascinating stuff.
We are a Silicon Valley startup, working out of the chronoplex in Mountain View, CA. Our focus is on building artistic, intricate, and useful products.
To thrive as a member of team drchrono, you must embrace our driven, creative, work-hard/play-hard environment. Picture a roller coaster with beverage and snacks breaks, free-lunch-fridays and ping-pong competitions. You would be part of an entrepreneurial, quick-witted, tough and curious team.
Since our inception, we have attracted over 70,000 physicians, 4 million patients and 500+ million in medical billing processed per year.
drchrono is ranked by INC 500 as one of the fastest growing private companies in America, growing 1834.1% over the last 3 years.
Silicon Valley Business Journal designated drchrono as the 4th fastest growing private company in the Silicon Valley and was voted the #1 mobile Electronic Health Record 2 years in a row by over 22,000 physicians in a survey conducted by Black Book Rankings.
We are featured on Apple.com.
We are always asking ourselves, how can we make physicians and patients life better through technology? Our team works on making healthcare better day by day.
What we do and look for in people we work with-
- We don’t settle.
- Passion, be inspired.
- Develop entrepreneurs.
- Put a dent in the universe through healthcare.
No global movement springs from individuals. It takes an entire team united behind something big.