Business Development Associate
Other | New York, NY
Who We Are
We’re a young, ambitious group with big plans for bringing the world closer together through entertainment, so anyone can experience and enjoy great TV, film, and pop culture from the rest of the world. Founded in 2009, DramaFever is a fast-growing online service with millions of viewers every month. We have a built-in audience of viewers who are hungry for engaging, entertaining and informative content. We’re at the nexus of massive emerging opportunities in online video, mobile, and globalization, and need talented individuals to make the future happen sooner.
Summary & Objective
We are seeking a high energy Business Development Associate to source new partnership opportunities and manage the ecosystem of existing partners who play a critical role in DramaFever’s success. The candidate will work closely with our head of biz dev in all processes of a deal from identification and negotiation to close and implementation. S/he will also have the sole responsibility in developing the DramaFever content network (a top marketing channel) by identifying new verticals and increasing its reach.
Ideal candidate is someone who is naturally curious, entrepreneurial, takes ownership of projects and is comfortable in a fast-paced environment. Best for someone who understands startup culture, passionate about digital media and want to gain experience in building small to large partnerships to take the company to the next level.
- Directly work with Head of Business Development to set strategy on how to grow the business through key partnerships
- Develop an effective framework for evaluating potential new partnerships and sponsorship opportunities
- Identify new verticals for the DramaFever content network, manage on boarding of new partners and optimize existing partner relationships
- Manage inbound requests and liaise with product, design, and marketing teams to execute
Desired Skills & Experience
- Naturally curious; you’ve spent hours on wikipedia clicking through everything you need to know on a random topic.
- Quick learner; you are able to go into a new market and evaluate opportunities quickly.
- Entrepreneurial; you are highly motivated, can work with minimal supervision in a fast-pace environment, and are a creative problem solver
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; you embrace small talk and are a natural relationship builder
- BA/BS degree
- Detail-oriented and organized; you don’t let things slip through the cracks
- 1-3 years of work experience in a customer-facing or B2B role (ideally in a tech startup)
- Work with a group of young, fun, talented people in a penthouse loft on 28th & Madison.
- Competitive salary and options package, full healthcare and benefits.
- Three weeks paid vacation.
- Free snacks, lots of catered meals and enough soda and beer to last a lifetime.
- Ping Pong matches throughout the day!