Fellowship Program | Chicago, IL | Full Time
DTI seeks an energetic professional to join our organization as a Program Coordinator. This position will support Dog Tag’s fellowship program, including administrative support for all aspects of the fellowship, communications with key partners for engagement opportunities, supporting Program Managers, and management of salesforce for the program. This role will be a member of the Programs Team and report to the Program Manager in both DC and Chicago.
DTI’s fellows are our most important asset. With over 140 alumni, 13 cohorts, and six years of operation, we are currently expanding our thoughtful, robust program to a second location and this role plays an integral part in the program's success.
Key Responsibilities & Duties
- Coordinate Fellowship Programming Opportunities for both Chicago and Washington, DC, Cohorts:
- Coordinate logistics associated with meetings, conferences, events and/or activities including, but not limited to, scheduling program activities, preparing agendas or materials, creating event reports, and supporting larger program events such as orientation week, closing week, and graduation
- Coordinate and assist with the process of fellowship communication, volunteer outreach, and the marketing and implementation of engagement events.
- Establish, cultivate, and maintain effective working relationships with external constituents including all programmatic partners.
- Complete post-event follow up actions in a timely manner to include sending thank you notes and partner surveys, and uploading materials to the shared folder..
- Support management of fellowship resources as needed; maintain a database of mental health and other resources.
- Support academic programming by purchasing textbooks and other supplies.
- Maintain data entry in Dog Tag’s CRM (Salesforce):
- Work closely with Dog Tag’s program team to analyze alumni data for use in marketing and communications materials, grants, and general organizational use.
- Keep track of alumni needs and areas of concern; discuss these with Director of Programs as needed.
- Track partner engagement in Dog Tag’s CRM with particular attention paid to the value of in-kind donations in the form of learning labs to ensure accurate record keeping in Dog Tag’s annual budget.
- Ensure current fellows’ data stays up to date in Dog Tag’s CRM
- Support the Program Manager with recruitment and admissions process.
- Attend and/or coordinate recruitment events with other staff and alumni.
- Connect with existing community partnerships and establish new partnerships to ensure referrals of high-quality applicants.
- Track all contacts with referrals and use reports to evaluate outreach efforts.
- Conduct first round interviews with potential candidates when alumni are unavailable; otherwise, conduct second round interviews with other program team staff.
- Provide administrative support:
- Act as a backup support for daily fellowship program needs, in collaboration with the Program Manager.
- Support larger fellowship program events such as Hill Day, Mock Interview Day, Capstone presentations, etc.
- Provide timely and accurate administrative support to the leadership team, including preparation of various reports, correspondence, and memorandums.
- Manage departmental email, phone and personal communications in support of fellowship events and activities.
- Track program expenditures and develop creative cost-saving opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Clear understanding and enthusiasm for Dog Tag’s mission.
- Minimum 2-3 years of work experience, particularly in fields related to education, social work/psychology, event planning, or management.
- Skills and experience working with scheduling, recruitment, admissions, and/or partnership development.
- Acts as a team player, who can interrelate effectively with peers within a collegial, yet demanding, work environment.
- Comfortable speaking with diverse audiences; an excellent communicator, as well as high-level sophistication and maturity in social and professional settings.
- Expert attention to detail.
- Well organized and timely.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects at one time.
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of tact and discretion to maintain confidential/sensitive information.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google Suite, and Salesforce.
- Occasional weekend and evening availability required.
Dog Tag Bakery, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.