Director of Bakery Operations
Bakery Operations | Washington, DC | Full Time
Dog Tag Bakery is seeking a motivated and experience Director of Bakery Operations. The ideal candidate will have had experience within the non-profit sector, experience with developing processes, and success in prior Operations-related roles.
As a leader and representative of our business and mission you must be highly motivated, energized, organized and have a passion for great service. The Director of Bakery Operations is responsible for managing its resources, developing and implementing an operational plan and ensuring that procedures are carried out properly. Additionally, the Director of Bakery Operations regularly evaluates organizational efficiency and makes necessary changes to maximize staff productivity. A Director of Bakery Operations assesses the needs of the company and finds ways to contribute to the big picture by ensuring daily operations run smoothly and as efficiently as possible
Key Responsibilities & Duties
- Monitor, evolve and adapt business resources as necessary when needed.
- Lead a team of hourly and salaried employees, ensuring DTI core values, culture and policies are implemented and represented.
- Develop and update SOP’s and efficient workflows to support productivity and performance.
- Plan, monitor and analyze key metrics for the day-to-day operations to ensure our workflows are efficient, timely and successful.
- Responsible for bakery budgets, forecast and outcomes, report out on bakery lines and initiatives at Quarterly Board Meetings.
- Work closely with the human resources team to ensure and maintain a trusting, inclusive and productive work environment that serves our greater mission.
- Recognize and develop employee performance plans and coaching when necessary.
- Organize team appreciation events.
- Provide strategic growth plans and leadership development opportunities for bakery management and supervisors.
- Researching and implementing new directives for business growth and prosperity.
- Overseeing local and regional sales, promotions and campaigns.
- Collaborate with the leadership team on large programmatic, funding and business strategic initiatives.
- Represent the bakery with key clients, ensuring expectations are met, customized orders are fulfilled, invoicing and accounts receivable. Allowing access and availability outside of traditional working hours.
- Manage large scale opportunities and projects outside of the day-to-day operations of the bakery.
- Manage building maintenance, upkeep and security, business licensing, permitting and certifications.
- Ensure bakeries compliance with state and federal laws regarding labor, health and safety.
- Hourly bi-weekly payroll review and submission, bakery management timecard review.
- Represent Dog Tag at community meetings, BID, GBD, Mainsteets, LDE.
- Represent Dog Tag at community meetings, BID, GBD, RADC.
- Associates in Hospitality Management or similar.
- ServSafe Food Manager Certificate.
- 10+ years of industry experience, Minimum of 5 years in a management position.
- Strong organizational, leadership and communication skills.
- Clear understanding and enthusiasm for DTI mission.
- Experience with forecasting and budgeting processes
- Detail oriented and able to work well under pressure,
- Quickly recognize and resolve problems.
- Must have flexibility in schedule.
- Highly responsible, punctual, and reliable.
Key Performance Indicators
- Develop new training programs for existing and new employees.
- Maintain budget and ensure minimal variance.
- Decrease employee turnover.
Dog Tag Bakery, Inc. is fully committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees without regard to their race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic prohibited by state or federal law. We are dedicated to providing a work environment free from discrimination and harassment, and where employees are treated with respect and dignity.