Bakery Operations | Washington, DC | Full Time
Dog Tag Bakery, Inc, an important staple in the community, offers a baking difference. We run a unique program that provides service-disabled veterans and military families with the tools they need to transition to civilian careers. When you choose this Bakery, you are not only honoring our military community, you are also funding our program. In this way, together, we proudly serve those who have so proudly served our country. The Bakery serves as a living business school to empower veterans with service-connected disabilities, military spouses, and caregivers find purpose outside the military. Great opportunity and we also offer benefits with this role!
Key Responsibilities & Duties
- Work in unison with the BOH to ensure constant communication regarding par levels, menu items, staffing and customer feedback.
- Ensure compliance of Health and Safety standards.
- Ensure all product is kept to Dog Tag Bakery standards.
- Control inventory and purchasing.
- Hiring, Training, Evaluation and Discipline of all Front of House employees.
- Schedule labor based on business levels and budget.
- Maintain cleanliness of the café and upstairs staging area.
- Develop, and assist in the marketing and execution of bakery promotions and special events in order to boost sales.
- Troubleshoot POS when issues arise.
- Create sales goals for the baristas.
- Promote Dog Tag Bakery at Industry events.
- Communicate FOH maintenance and cleaning needs.
- Attend and contribute to weekly Operations meetings.
- Maintenance schedule for FOH equipment.
- Maintain a positive and respectful work environment.
- Offer and schedule trainings, guidance and support to baristas.
- Create agenda and conduct Front of House meetings.
- Maintain and update training manual.
- Ensure all baristas are able to describe and recommend menu items.
- Review customer feedback and reviews, solve customer complaints in a timely manner.
- Create one liners for baristas to use to up sell.
- Keep ingredient list up to date and accessible.
- Respond to customer inquiries via email in a timely manner.
- Manage loyalty program.
- Create curriculum and manage the Front of House Bakery Fellowship Rotation.
- Strong organizational, management and communication skills.
- Clear understanding and enthusiasm for Dog Tag Inc. mission.
- Good attention to detail.
- Works well under pressure.
- Quickly recognize and resolve problems.
- Must have flexibility in schedule.
- Highly responsible, punctual and reliable.
Dog Tag Bakery, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.