Kitchen | Washington, DC | Full Time
Dog Tag Bakery is looking to expand our catering team! Join the organization that's "Baking a Difference and empowering veterans and military families. From the early hours of each morning our bakery is mixing up batches of handmade baked goods while providing valuable work experience for veterans, military spouses and caregivers.
Dog Tag bakery is seeking a team member with competencies in rustic pastries and desserts. The successful candidate will be a self-motivated professional capable of working alone and as part of a team. Successful candidate will ensure all product is kept to Dog Tag Bakery standards, will help train new employees and communicate staffing, equipment and ingredient needs to Head Chef. This person also researches and tests recipes for new menu and seasonal items. The role requires a daily start time of 5:00am.
- ServSafe Food Handler Certificate
- 1+ years of industry baking experience or culinary equivalent
- Good attention to detail and able to work under pressure
- Must operate machinery in a safe manner
- Must be able to lift/carry up to 50 pounds
- Must have flexibility in schedule