Technical Support Agent (Tier 2)
Support Operations | Minneapolis, MN | Full Time
About Doctor On Demand
Doctor On Demand’s mission is to improve the world’s health through compassionate care and innovation. We believe that health is personal, and means so much more than treating illness. We're proud of the care we've provided over the years and the relationships we’ve developed with our patients, as evidenced by the 5-star reviews we continually receive. People use our service to gain access to some of the best physicians and licensed therapists in the country, all whenever and wherever is most convenient. It’s as simple as opening the Doctor On Demand app on a smartphone or computer.
Through live video visits, our hand-picked, US-trained doctors take patient history, perform an exam, and recommend a treatment plan. Prescriptions, if needed, go directly to the pharmacy of choice. While insurance isn’t required, tens of millions of Americans enjoy covered medical and mental health visits through employer and health plan partnerships. To learn more about the hundreds of medical issues we treat, visit us at DoctorOnDemand.com.
About the Role
Technical Support Agent (Tier 2)
Sunday-Thursday 6a-3p PST
Our Technical Support Agents provide excellent customer service by supporting a wide range of technical and application solutions. Serving as the initial point of contact, you will gather and analyze information about the patient or provider issue to answer basic questions about application installation, operation, configuration, customization, and usage of assigned products to determine the best way to resolve their problem. Solutions include, but are not limited to, uninstalling/reinstalling basic software applications, resolving username and password problems, verifying proper hardware and software set up, resolving network connectivity issues and troubleshooting email issues.
This position reports to the Supervisor of Technical Support.
- Secondary point of contact for customers and providers via telephone, email or live chat to provide technical support of the hardware, systems, sub-systems and/or applications.
- Assists with navigating around application menus, may be required to remote into customer's computer.
- Troubleshoot network connectivity issues, working with patients and with remote employees on a corporate network.
- Develops and sustains a productive customer relationship, making the customer and their needs a primary focus.
- Escalates complex problems to the Remote Support Engineering staff or Field Engineering when appropriate.
- Understand basic application of technical principle, theories, and concepts
- Collect information through a customer conversation, accessing support tools, and additional support staff (service resources) if needed.
- Conduct timely triage and escalation in accordance with SLA requirements.
- Address and resolve basic incidents and requests; logs all incidents and requests; engages other service desk resources or appropriate service resources to resolve incidents that are beyond the scope of their ability or responsibility.
- Accurate documentation of interactions, incidents, and problems.
- Create a positive customer support experience and builds strong relationships through deep problem understanding, ensuring timely resolution or escalation, communicating promptly on progress, and handling customers with a professional attitude.
- Ensure the end-to-end customer experience and provide a single point-of-contact for the customer.
- Analyze and resolve incidents and requests regarding use of application software or hardware.
- Support multiple clients through customer service professionalism and insight.
- Document resolutions and updates self-help and staff knowledge bases.
Knowledge, Skills and abilities
A successful Technical Support Service Desk Agent will have well developed emotional and social competencies in these areas:
- Empathetic, honoring the consumer and what they are feeling
- Passionate about helping others
- Self-Confident and able to diplomatically express views that may be unpopular
- Actively Listens and is able to quickly distill provided information and insights
- Conscientious, organized and dependable; always meets deadlines and commitments
- Initiative-Driven, pursuing goals beyond what is required or expected
- Optimistic and persistent despite obstacles; expects success, not failure
- Service Oriented, anticipating, recognizing and meeting customer needs
- Conflict Manager, diplomatically and tactfully able to calm tense situations
- Communication, addressing issues, listening and seeking mutual understanding
- Influence, effectively persuading others
- Collaborative, works as part of a team to successfully achieve common goals
- Leadership, motivating, developing and directing people as they work
- Time Management, managing one’s own time and the time of others
Minimum Qualifications for the position are:
- 3 years working in customer support or service field
- 2 years working in technical support field preferred
- HS diploma - 2 year AS degree preferred
- Experience working in service desk environment with JIRA
- Competency in call center tracking tools
- Demonstrated ability to learn customer support processes and techniques
- Good analytical skills
- Ability to solve problems