Sr. Business Analyst
Customer Support | Minneapolis, MN | Full Time
The Senior Business Systems Analyst, is expected to be an advanced professional in the systems &
process design and implementation space and have experience on low, medium and high healthcare
implementation projects. The role will solicit, understand, and document the business requirements,
processes and workflows developing both written and visual depictions of requirements and process
flows. It will also work with technical engineers to create the functional specifications that meet those
requirements, serve as a subject matter expert to the technical engineers building those functions, and
work with the QA team to test the developed functionality. Additionally, this role works closely with
Engineering, Product Developers, QA, and Business stakeholders through each stage of the development
lifecycle and also demonstrates both existing and new functionality to the Business stakeholders.
This job requires an experienced analyst who can partner effectively with all levels of the organization,
lead others, drive results, proactively identify and resolve problems, and make challenging decisions. As
an experienced analyst, you will be responsible for recommending and instituting business analysis best
practice, tools and methodology towards standardization of BA deliverables and procedures, and
collaborating with Engineering, Product Development and QA Leads to uphold and improve Agile
This position reports to the VP of Customer Success.
● Develop and maintain understanding of customer workflows and business needs to support.
● Deliver precise functional specifications to include functional hierarchy, workflow, business
rules, interface design and definitions, outstanding issues, data analysis, and data mapping to
clients and development staff.
● Be responsible for direct interaction with clients including, but not limited to, eliciting
comprehensive business requirements and use cases and recommending appropriate solutions.
● Gather requirements and help build and document specifications for development.
● Work with Technical team to develop high level labor estimates to develop and deploy
● Conduct gap analysis between application and stated business requirements and collaborate
with Engineers and Developers to estimate project impact.
● Work with Development, QA, and Production Support teams to communicate, verify, and test
the desired functionality changes.
● Work with the clients to demonstrate the changes to the system to ensure all relevant business
needs are addressed.
● Develop training materials and provide training in one-on-one or classroom environment.
● Manage multiple competing priorities through effective organization and communication.
Minimum Qualifications for the position are:
● Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
● 7 years managing cross functional project teams/portfolios.
● 7 years in a relevant data analysis/management role
● Demonstrated experience working with various, cross functional technical teams in resolving
● Experience working with Agile/Scrum methodologies
● Proficiency in MS Project, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint, Visio or commensurate tools
● Experience in healthcare analytics including eligibility, EMR data models, SQL and various
● Demonstrated ability to deliver projects in a fast paced, multi stakeholder environment within
scope, timeline, and budget
● Strong hands-on experience and understanding of project implementations, project structure
(both formal and informal), project life-cycle, and best practice project standards
● Strong customer service, leadership, facilitation, organization, prioritization, analytical, and
● Ability to engage with the business with credibility and positive relationship management
● Outstanding communication and presentation skills and ability to present concepts to senior
● Experience working in the Health Insurance field with focus on eligibility file transfers such as
HIPAA ASC X12 270/271 data exchange and eligibility file transfers, verifications and load
processes and assist in improvement of workflow and technical automation of work
● Experience with processing eligibility information through RTE and SFTP file exchanges
● Demonstrable teamwork skills and resourcefulness
● Self-drive to moving initiatives forward even in the face of ambiguity and imperfect knowledge
● Ability to think both strategically and tactically
● Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
● PMP or Certified Scrum Master preferred
● Knowledge of benefit plans/structures
● Familiarity with JSON
About Doctor On Demand
Doctor On Demand’s mission is to improve the world’s health through compassionate care and innovation. We believe that health is personal, and means so much more than treating illness. We're proud of the care we've provided over the years and the relationships we’ve developed with our patients, as evidenced by the 5-star reviews we continually receive. People use our service to gain access to some of the best physicians and licensed therapists in the country, all whenever and wherever is most convenient. It’s as simple as opening the Doctor On Demand app on a smartphone or computer.
Through live video visits, our hand-picked, US-trained doctors take patient history, perform an exam, and recommend a treatment plan. Prescriptions, if needed, go directly to the pharmacy of choice. While insurance isn’t required, tens of millions of Americans enjoy covered medical and mental health visits through employer and health plan partnerships. To learn more about the hundreds of medical issues we treat, visit us at DoctorOnDemand.com.