Member Support Rep - Customer Support
Customer Support | Minneapolis, MN | Full Time
About Doctor On Demand
Doctor On Demand’s mission is to improve the world’s health through compassionate care and innovation. We believe that health is personal, and means so much more than treating illness. We're proud of the care we've provided over the years and the relationships we’ve developed with our patients, as evidenced by the 5-star reviews we continually receive. People use our service to gain access to some of the best physicians and licensed therapists in the country, all whenever and wherever is most convenient. It’s as simple as opening the Doctor On Demand app on a smartphone or computer.
Through live video visits, our hand-picked, US-trained doctors take patient history, perform an exam, and recommend a treatment plan. Prescriptions, if needed, go directly to the pharmacy of choice. While insurance isn’t required, tens of millions of Americans enjoy covered medical and mental health visits through employer and health plan partnerships. To learn more about the hundreds of medical issues we treat, visit us at DoctorOnDemand.com.
About the Team
Our Customer Support team is responsible for multiple areas of the member/physician experience. We support our members in every way possible, as well as work with our staff of physicians, to ensure they have the necessary support to deliver stellar care. Our team of caring and dedicated agents are setting a new standard in digital health support and we are looking for candidates that want to do the same.
Doctor On Demand Member Support Rep Profile:
- Passionate about helping others.
- A critical thinker and loves to solve complex problems.
- Persistent and will search until the proper answer is found.
- Confident. Will raise tough questions to leadership when he/she believes policies/rules may not be the best solution for the patient.
- Able to effectively demonstrate his/her empathy when with patients.
- Appreciates change and wants to work for a company which is evolving how healthcare is delivered.
- Experienced with handling sensitive data and situations; you ideally have worked in a complex environment such as healthcare, banking, etc.
- Tech savvy; is the person everyone turns to for technical advice
- A strong verbal and written communicator.
- Extremely detail-oriented, learns quickly from mistakes.
- Respond to calls, emails, and live chats from members
- Provide support to physician staff, to ensure they are able to deliver stellar patient care
- Provide Tier 1 technical support to members and physicians
- Identify and escalate priority issues that need immediate attention
- Recommend ways in which the Member Services team can improve the experience of our Members
- Hours: 10am-7 pm PST Weds-Monday.
- 3+ years of experience in a customer service related role
- Experience handling inbound support inquiries via phone, email, and chat
- Internet and tech savvy: you know the web and smartphones (apps)
- Experience working with web based systems
- Ability to type 50+ WPM
- 3+ years experience in a call center; preferably in the Healthcare or Banking industry
- Medical Assistant certification or higher training, or equivalent experience
- Medical coding and billing experience
- HIPAA certified
- Telecommuting experience is a plus but not required.
- Be part of a fast growing company doing exciting things in healthcare
- Potential to advance as the department grows
- Ability to work remotely, in the comfort of your home
- Competitive time off and benefits policy
- Cell phone stipend