Engineering | Financial District, SF | Full Time
About Doctor On Demand
Doctor On Demand’s mission is to improve the world’s health through compassionate care and innovation. We believe that health is personal, and means so much more than treating illness. We're proud of the care we've provided over the years and the relationships we’ve developed with our patients, as evidenced by the 5-star reviews we continually receive. People use our service to gain access to some of the best physicians and licensed therapists in the country, all whenever and wherever is most convenient. It’s as simple as opening the Doctor On Demand app on a smartphone or computer.
Through live video visits, our hand-picked, US-trained doctors take patient history, perform an exam, and recommend a treatment plan. Prescriptions, if needed, go directly to the pharmacy of choice. While insurance isn’t required, tens of millions of Americans enjoy covered medical and mental health visits through employer and health plan partnerships. To learn more about the hundreds of medical issues we treat, visit us at DoctorOnDemand.com.
- Ensure your backend team produces secure, quality code that meets business objectives
- Work with the product team on specs for new features and code improvements
- Make recommendations for features and improvements that provide the highest “bang for our buck” to senior management
- Work closely with our DevOps and SRE team to ensure that we are making the best use of our infrastructure
- Work with the security team to ensure that we are following best practices and participate in penetration testing exercises
- Understand the entire backend at a high level and critical components in detail, such that you will be able to sustain and improve the entire system architecture
- Be a point of escalation for technical issues
- Coordinate with frontend teams, quality assurance, sustaining, product and other teams to meet our roadmap requirements.
- Deep empathy and concern for our patients - when we have a bug, someone’s health is impacted
- Excellent understanding of Python
- Ability to effectively manage a team of engineers to deliver excellent software
- Experience with the Django web framework
- Asynchronous task management with Celery
- Comfortable with adjusting priorities in the face of external circumstances
- Able and willing to communicate with senior management and the executive team on technical issues
- Ability to work with partners on technical projects on an as-needed basis
- Experience with HIPAA compliant software
- Prior experience with PostgreSQL, Redis and RabbitMQ
- Domain knowledge in telemedicine
- Big bonus points if you are familiar with claims management, insurance eligibility (27x) and or revenue cycle management in a healthcare setting.
- Be a core leading member of a small, elite product/engineering team
- Be part of a startup that is gaining national recognition and making a difference
- Fluid work hours and a fun, fast-paced environment
- Full benefits + competitive compensation
- Unlimited PTO and wellness allowance
- Free Doctor On Demand visits