Director of Accounting
Finance & Accounting | Plymouth, MN | Full Time
As our Director of Accounting, you will be a key leader for the financial organization of our rapidly growing company. The successful candidate will have a proven record of building and leading an accounting team. You must be a hands-on, roll-up-your-sleeves type of manager and should enjoy a fast-paced, start-up environment. Reporting to the CFO, you will oversee the accounting function and support the company’s strategic and operating plans. This full-time position is located in our Minneapolis office.
- Manage all accounting operations (including GL, AP, Revenue Recognition, Technical Accounting), Treasury and Tax, ensuring all functions and procedures are running smoothly and efficiently. Work closely with our revenue cycle management team to achieve proper accounting, streamlined operations, and optimal collections.
- Lead, manage and mentor our accounting team.
- Prepare and publish timely financial statements and investor reporting, partnering with FP&A to provide leadership with insightful analysis of financial performance.
- Ensure all transactions and financial policies are compliant with regulations and standards. Develop, document and monitor business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Research technical accounting issues for compliance.
- Maximize return on and limit risk of investments.
- Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
- Develop and implement a financial system strategy to support our rapidly growing business.
- Manage relationship with external auditors.
- Work closely and collaboratively with FP&A, Human Resources and other functions across the company to achieve desired results.
Skills and Experience
- 10+ years of financial statements auditing, accounting, finance operations, process automation or similar experience
- Knowledge of all relevant accounting and financial principles
- Experience leading projects in automating, optimizing, or re-designing existing processes
- Highest degree of integrity
- Strong leadership skills and highly collaborative
- Strong project management skills; highly reliable and organized
- Excellent communication skills
- BA/BS degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Economics or Finance
- Experience in healthcare is a plus
- Experience implementing a new ERP and other financial systems
- Experience with Intacct is a plus
About Doctor On Demand
Doctor On Demand’s mission is to improve the world’s health through compassionate care and innovation. We believe that health is personal, and means so much more than treating illness. We're proud of the care we've provided over the years and the relationships we’ve developed with our patients, as evidenced by the 5-star reviews we continually receive. People use our service to gain access to some of the best physicians and licensed therapists in the country, all whenever and wherever is most convenient. It’s as simple as opening the Doctor On Demand app on a smartphone or computer.
Through live video visits, our hand-picked, US-trained doctors take patient history, perform an exam, and recommend a treatment plan. Prescriptions, if needed, go directly to the pharmacy of choice. While insurance isn’t required, tens of millions of Americans enjoy covered medical and mental health visits through employer and health plan partnerships. To learn more about the hundreds of medical issues we treat, visit us at DoctorOnDemand.com.