Business Development Director
Business Development | Nashville, TN | Full Time
About Doctor On Demand
Doctor On Demand’s mission is to improve the world’s health through compassionate care and innovation. We believe that health is personal, and means so much more than treating illness. We're proud of the care we've provided over the years and the relationships we’ve developed with our patients, as evidenced by the 5-star reviews we continually receive. People use our service to gain access to some of the best physicians and licensed therapists in the country, all whenever and wherever is most convenient. It’s as simple as opening the Doctor On Demand app on a smartphone or computer.
Through live video visits, our hand-picked, US-trained doctors take patient history, perform an exam, and recommend a treatment plan. Prescriptions, if needed, go directly to the pharmacy of choice. While insurance isn’t required, tens of millions of Americans enjoy covered medical and mental health visits through employer and health plan partnerships. To learn more about the hundreds of medical issues we treat, visit us at DoctorOnDemand.com.
The Business Development Director will play a critical role in the Sales department. Specifically, the Director will motivate, inspire and create new health plan business revenue opportunities in the US. This hands-on, “roll-up-your-sleeves” position requires a high-energy, well-rounded sales leader who can contribute to growing a sales team while effectively pursuing new business opportunities.
A strong background in healthcare sales, preferably with health plans, is a must. The highly consultative position requires an individual that can articulate the vision, convincing present value, and has depth and breadth specific to healthcare service delivery. Experience with demonstrating value and differentiators, member engagement, employee and member benefits, and taking new products to market are essential in order to work alongside prospective clients in their acquisition and deployment of telehealth.
Along with identifying and developing new sales opportunities, the selected leader will have a deep understanding in operating/contributing to a high-performance sales team including lead generation and qualification, pipeline and opportunity management, proposal and presentation best practices, and managing overall opportunities from qualification to close. A proven track record of growing revenue, working collaboratively with internal business partners, and successfully driving results on a quarterly basis is essential.
• Deep experience with forecasting/pipeline management (process and methodology to accurately forecast), preferably with SalesForce.com
• Excellent communicator — can motivate, support and lead staff; Excellent interpersonal, public presentation, written and communication skills
• Can develop and manage multi-million-dollar sales opportunities
• Specific understanding of payer/care management companies, hospitals, and providers/physicians
• Specific experience with telemedicine and telehealth products a bonus
• BS/BA in business, healthcare, computer science or equivalent
• 7-10 years of experience in sales of healthcare enterprise software
• Documented track record of selling large, enterprise-wide, complex technology deals
• Documented record of meeting and exceeding multi-million dollar annual quota
• Overnight business travel required
• Be part of a startup that is gaining national recognition and actually making a difference
• Competitive compensation plus full benefits
• Unlimited PTO, wellness allowance, education reimbursement
• 401K with match