Development | WASHINGTON, DC | Full Time
Ditto Residential is a cutting-edge residential real estate development firm based in Washington, DC. We have a design-forward approach to development and believe high-quality architecture adds value to real estate and is accretive to our brand. Over the last eight years, Ditto has outperformed the market and delivered exceptional returns to our investors.
We are a growing firm with a small team of gifted and diverse individuals, all of whom are industry superstars. We love what we do and are looking for people who feel the same.
In addition to competitive pay, we offer health benefits, paid vacation and sick leave, and a 401(k) plan. Our office environment is as important as the projects we build -- it is collegial, open, hardworking, and fun.
ABOUT THE JOB
The Development Manager reports to the President and is responsible for leading the successful execution of the firm’s residential development projects within the Washington, DC area. To be successful in this role, you’ll need exceptional project management skills and creativity to lead the team through the entire development life cycle, including acquisitions, entitlements, design, financing, construction, marketing, and ultimately lease-up or sell-out. The opportunity offers significant personal growth potential within a growing development platform.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop, maintain, and communicate financial models for prospective and ongoing development projects;
- Collaborate with the senior leadership team to generate and analyze multiple scenarios for each development opportunity;
- Track all schedules and maintain project budgets;
- Drive all project-related team tasks and meetings from due diligence and acquisition through entitlements and construction;
- Ensure all parties are prepared and informed of deadlines and deliverables;
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships across all participating parties, including government officials, attorneys, architects, civil engineers, general contractors and all other 3rd party consulting relationships associated with projects;
- Act as an ambassador with neighborhood organizations where we are developing.
We are looking to hire a talented development manager with a passion for real estate development and a desire to work in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment. The successful candidate will immediately step into the role and start leading the development of dynamic residential projects.
Key qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree required. Business/Finance and/or Architecture/Design related disciplines desirable. MBA or graduate degree with real estate concentration a plus;
- Minimum 3 years of residential development execution experience. Familiarity with the Washington, DC area development landscape preferred; Demonstrated ability to successfully lead, manage and motivate multidisciplinary teams internally (acquisition/development, marketing, construction, operations) as well as externally (architects, engineers, general contractors and joint venture partners);
- Exceptional financial analysis skills with an intuitive sense of the economics of residential development, including modeling sensitivities, land prices, construction costs, financing structures, and unit lease rates/sale prices;
- Outstanding communication skills. Ability to interact with people at a variety of responsibility levels inside and outside of the organization;
- Extremely high attention to detail with exceptional judgement. Must be motivated to thrive in an entrepreneurial, hands-on, creative environment;
- A genuine interest in being part of something special;
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and with limited direction.