Informatics | South San Francisco, CA | Full Time
At Distributed Bio, our mission is to define a new paradigm in revolutionary bioengineered medicines for the biotechnology industry. In monoclonal therapeutics, our integration of computational immunology, bioengineering and robotics has enabled us to create a pipeline of molecules with unprecedented biophysical properties, while also supporting all of our partners with developable antibodies against any drug target of interest.
Our ability to discover antibodies against even the most challenging targets such as pMHC, pathogen toxins, GPCR and Ion Channel targets, as well as a novel high-throughput discovery of CAR-T, has resulted in the growth of our antibody discovery business.
We are currently looking to expand our informatics team with a candidate with 2-5 years of experience in the role of associate or scientist level.
Distributed Bio is a faced-paced young company in the transition phase from start-up to small biotech. The ideal candidate will thrive in a busy environment and have a scientific mindset with a strong focus on user-friendly application development. They should be able to integrate in a young and dynamic bioinformatics team and work closely with our software engineers.
- Candidate will be working alongside software engineers of Distributed Bio
- Perform application development, optimization and user-front end design
- Build upon existing platform environment
- Document code and software including detailed manuals for non-informatics scientists
- BSc or MSc in informatics, bioinformatics with application development experience, software development, software engineering or comparable qualification
- 2-5 years of relevant experience (i.e. end-user focused application development)
- Proficiency in at least one of the following programming languages: python, perl, C++, java
- Background in biomedical or biotechnology environment is considered a strong asset
- Work independently on tasks as well as in tandem with our software engineers and bioinformaticians
- Dev-ops experience
- Well-documented coding style and focus on user-friendly design
- Excellent oral and written communication skills