Cell Biology | South San Francisco, CA | Full Time
At Distributed Bio, our mission is to define a new paradigm in revolutionary bioengineered medicines for the biotechnology industry. In monoclonal therapeutics, our integration of computational immunology, bioengineering and robotics has enabled us to create a pipeline of molecules with unprecedented biophysical properties, while also supporting all of our partners with developable antibodies against any drug target of interest.
Our ability to discover antibodies against challenging pMHC, pathogen toxin, GPCR and Ion Channel targets, as well as a novel high-throughput discovery of CAR-T, has resulted in the growth of our antibody discovery business.
We are seeking a candidate with relevant hands-on experience who possesses a broad knowledge in the fields of Immunology and molecular Immunology. This position will independently conduct research variety of cell biology and immunology and assay designs. Candidate must be familiar with extensive cellular and immunological assay using cell lines and primary immune cells. Major responsibilities will include experimental design and execution build and perform multiplex in vitro assay systems with the goal of developing novel therapeutic approaches.
Responsibilities will include:
- Cell culture expertise including maintaining cells, isolating immune cells from PBMCs, cell differentiation in culture, generating cells lines.
- Expression and purification of antibodies and proteins in transient mammalian and bacterial systems.
- Perform complex immunological assays such as: multicolor FACS analysis and sorting, ELISA, Multiplex cytokine assays etc.
- Performing functional assays: proliferation and activation assays of primary cultures as well cell lines and reporter assays such as luminescence, ATP assay, Calcium flux assays etc.
- Performing basic biochemistry techniques such as western blotting and gel shift and immunoprecipitation assays.
- Hands on molecular biology techniques such as: RNA and DNA isolation, primer design, cloning, PCR and Real time PCR.
- Ability to analyze data and understand the final results
- Document data in lab notebook and ensure periodic peer review.
- Present data for review, group discussions, and team meetings.
- Multi-task effectively and prioritize multiple projects with guidance.
- in vivo autoimmune models and monitoring clinical and behavioral changes, daily is a plus
- BS/MSc Immunology or related field with a minimum of 3 years of laboratory experience in industry.
- Strong skills in immunology and cancer immunology as well as cellular biology.
- Experience in generating and maintaining cell lines and primary immune cell cultures and antibody related assays.
- Strong skills in FACS techniques sorting and analyses, knowledge in using the Sorter will be preferred.
- Background in biochemistry, molecular biology is preferred.
- Highly motivated with a strong attitude towards learning.
- Must be able to work productively in a fast-paced collaborative team environment.
- Excellent communication skills are essential.