Software Engineer, Full Stack
Engineering | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
At Directly, we believe the fundamental nature of work is changing from fixed to fluid, as AI and collaborative technology transform how people and companies work in the next economy. We’re leading this shift with an enterprise platform that changes the way companies think about customer support. Our Crowd-Powered AI platform combines machine learning and gig work to transform and scale customer service for world-class companies like Airbnb, Autodesk, LinkedIn, Microsoft, Pinterest, Samsung and SAP. We’re based in San Francisco and backed by top venture firms and angels from Silicon Valley.
We have an incredible opportunity for a versatile engineer to join our fast-paced agile development team, who is able to understand and traverse the full stack as needed. As the lucky engineer, you will be working closely with one of our key customers, Airbnb. You'll be working side by side with the Airbnb product and engineering team, sometimes at Airbnb offices.
You understand how it's all put together and are smart enough to figure out what you don't already know. You’ll be architecting and implementing core features of our web and mobile applications. You’ll be working on the data model, developing business logic, building services and APIs, wiring up the controllers and, if needed, building out views and templates. If it has to do with code, you'll be in it.
- Participate in all aspects of an iterative software development process.
- Work collaboratively with team (Directly and Airbnb) to define, build, and test next-generation web and mobile applications.
- Partner with all functional groups to ensure that the software delivered is high quality and easy to manage in a production environment
- Participate in application and platform design decisions, and author technical specifications
- Development of large portions of the code base, including automated unit and functional tests
- Manage and maintain code repository, coordinating branching and merges as needed
- 5+ years experience building scalable, high-traffic web and/or mobile applications
- Experience with Web Services and API development (REST/JSON)
- Strong proponent of Agile methodologies and experience with Scrum
- Ability to work closely and collaboratively with other strong, intelligent technologists
- Ability and desire to learn new skills and technologies as necessary
- Experience developing applications using Groovy/Grails, Java, and MySQL is a plus
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (EC2, RDS, S3, etc) is a plus
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related field
Directly is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in diversity and inclusion as a strength. This is an exempt, full-time salaried position with comprehensive benefits.