Lead QA Engineer
Engineering | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
At Directly, we believe the fundamental nature of work is changing from fixed to fluid, as AI and collaborative technology transform how people and companies work in the next economy. We’re leading this shift with an enterprise platform that changes the way companies think about customer support. Our Crowd-Powered AI platform combines machine learning and gig work to transform and scale customer service for world-class companies like Autodesk, LinkedIn, Microsoft, Pinterest, Samsung and SAP. We’re based in San Francisco and backed by top venture firms and angels from Silicon Valley.
We have a great opportunity for a passionate QA engineer to lead testing efforts for the Directly platform. As part of a fast-paced agile development team, you’ll be responsible for establishing an effective test process which drives high software quality, and for maintaining quality standards across 3 (and growing) scrum teams. This position requires a dynamic individual with proven leadership and strong technical skills.
- Oversee all aspects of quality assurance including establishing metrics, applying industry best practices, and developing new tools and processes to ensure quality goals are met
- Manage the work efforts of other QA engineers and make decisions for hiring, performance appraisals, and career planning of team
- Develop and execute test cases, scripts, plans and procedures (manual and automated)
- Develop and maintain test automation frameworks and test cases
- Regress, isolate and report issues found during testing
- Troubleshoot issues down to the root cause and provide detailed bug reports
- Develop and execute performance and scalability tests using open source tools
- Work cross-functionally with product, design, and engineering as part of a scrum product development process
- 6+ years overall QA experience
- 3+ years management experience
- Experience with SaaS applications, web service APIs, and/or mobile applications is a must
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of QA processes and methodology
- Hands-on experience with automation testing, including the use of test frameworks such as Selenium
- Proficient with Git operations (especially GitHub)
- Proficient using SQL (especially MySQL)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to think creatively, problem solve, and innovate
- BS in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent professional qualification
Nice to Have:
- Experience testing machine learning or AI based systems
- Experience with JIRA, Jenkins, TestRail, SoapUI and/or Robot Framework
- Experience with Groovy and/or Python
Directly is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in diversity and inclusion as a strength. This is an exempt, full-time salaried position with comprehensive benefits.