Windows System Administrator - Contract
IT | Albuquerque, NM | Contract
On behalf of our client, we are looking for a Windows System Administrator for our client in Albuquerque, NM. This is a 4-month contract role. The Windows System Administrator will be responsible for supporting Microsoft Windows server technologies (2008 R2/2016 operating systems), Exchange, DNS and Active Directory, and virtualization platforms. The ideal candidate will have excellent troubleshooting skills with previous experience monitoring, managing, and maintaining a windows environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The following are the essential duties and responsibilities of the Job. Other duties, responsibilities, or tasks may be assigned as required by management.
- Support Microsoft Windows server technologies (Server 2008 R2/2016) operating systems, Exchange, DNS and Active Directory, and virtualization platforms.
- Administer and support Active Directory, DNS & Microsoft Exchange replication.
- Provide Tier 1-2 desktop and application support, including new user setups, line of business application support, and hosted application support.
- Install, configure, and support infrastructure services as in Active Directory, Windows Servers, and SQL Databases.
- Monitor, manage, maintain, and troubleshoot a Windows environment.
- Plan, implement and maintain infrastructure support services such as backups, patching, monitoring, and security.
- Coordinate and perform vendor management and support activities as needed.
- Manage Development, Staging, and Production environments for the software development process.
- Produce, maintain, and update technical documentation and provide support for Microsoft Office.
- Attend and participate in all Company-sponsored training programs as required.
- Perform any other duties, responsibilities, or tasks as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year College or University and two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Prior experience in IT Services.
- MSCA or MSCE Certifications in Microsoft Windows Server is preferred.
- Experience administrating Microsoft Windows Server 2008 and 2016.
- Experience in the management of ESX virtual hosts (VMware).
- Practical scripting knowledge to automate tasks and processes.
- Experience with network fundamentals (DNS, DHCP, Routing, Switching, and Firewalls).
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft software.
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives without supervision.
- Experience working with backup tools such as NetApp
- Experience with antivirus products such as Cisco AMP