Technical Project Manager - Cybersecurity
IT | Irvine, CA | Full Time
Our client is seeking a highly qualified candidate for the position of Technical Program Manager. This individual will be responsible for driving projects from inception through deployment across various Business Units. He/she must be comfortable working in a dynamic, flexible environment and is expected to partner with Information Security organizations, Security Operation Centers and Network Operation Centers, to lead, manage, and drive forward security service projects. Candidate is required to have strong engineering background, and is familiar with security concepts.
- Initiate, plan, execute, and close on various security projects by collaborating with various Business Units and vendors.
- Increase efficiency through the introduction of relevant business practices, with focus on security best practices.
- Proactively define new security services for implementation across different Business Units, and work to launch new services into production.
- Own product roadmap for each security focus area, including budget, schedule and resource allocation.
- Evangelize security services to business stakeholders.
- Organize workshops and conferences to promote security services to all Business Units.
- At least 8 years experience in a program and/or product management capacity, specifically in new product introduction.
- Proven ability to discuss and understand technical concepts with Engineering.
- Excellent communicator, able to work collaboratively with stakeholders across different Business Units.
- Strong knowledge of collaborative software such as Atlassian software suite, Teamforge, Synergy and DOORS.
- Experience in Payment Card Industry (PCI) certification preferred.
- Experience in security event Incident Response handling and Corporate Response communication preferred.
- Knowledge of Public Key Infrastructure (PKI), cryptography, digital signing, code scanning and other security related field required.
- Knowledge of various security appliance and system (eg SIEM, WAF, IPS/IDS, DLP).
- BS in Computer Science, Mathematics or 6 years related technical field/technical experience.
- MBA a plus
- Ability to obtain either PMP and CISSP certification in 6 months of employment required