Senior QA Engineer
IT | Austin, TX | Temp to Perm
On behalf of our client, we are looking for a driven individual to come and join them as their Senior QA Engineer. This position will work closely with the Executive Leadership, own and drive the QA strategy, test automation, as well as assist in the release process. The perfect candidate is strategic and all about hands-on execution.
Location Austin, TX
Duration: 3 month contract to hire
- Responsible for all aspects of QA including test infrastructure, automation, test plans, test cases and tools.
- Manage and provide reporting on testing projects from start to end.
- Implement and follow the best QA practices.
- Act as a focal point for all QA related issues.
- Prepare documentation and status reports and communicate directly with clients on QA approach, testing status and client issue resolution.
- 5+ years of experience in a senior or leading role in QA/Engineering.
- Strong coding skills, at least 5+ years experience in any object-oriented programming language, such as .NET, Java, Python.
- Experience in all aspects of SDLC from conception to requirements and functional specs, as well as well design, implementation, testing and documentation.
- Experience with one common automation framework using an object-oriented programming language such as Selenium or Maven
- Strong and demonstrable experience writing automated tests and integrating automated tests into continuous development and deployment systems.
- Ability to implement QA processes and improvements.
- Strong technical trouble shooting and problem solving skills.
- Attention to detail, and ability to communicate that detail to others.
- Understanding of the importance of User Experience.
- Ability to multi-tasks and to work with tight deadline in a changing environment.
- Excellent communications and collaboration skills.
- Proven track record of having successfully worked with cross-functional engineering teams and other technical and non-technical professionals.
- BA/BS degree (Computer Science preferred).