Senior Network Administrator
IT | Austin, TX | Temp to Perm
On behalf of our client we are looking for a Senior Network Administrator who can provide onsite support to our client’s corporate headquarters. The position supports general technical infrastructure, hardware and business applications. The Senior Network Administrator works to provide high availability of network resources in a secure environment to ensure the smooth operation of the Company as well as work with internal stakeholders and leadership in further developing the IT Infrastructure.
- Administer and maintain the Company’s network infrastructure, including but not limited to Firewalls, Routers, Switches, Servers, and Storage.
- Administration of Windows based servers and associated software applications.
- Manage network security.
- Maintain and monitor system backups, offsite replication, and archives to support disaster preparedness and recovery.
- Work with project teams to help implement changes/upgrades/new installs of internal systems.
- Administer and maintain the Help Desk ticket application.
- Provide first-level and escalated Help Desk support as needed to support servers, laptops, desktops, printers, scanners, copiers, fax machines, associated operating systems and applications, and various login requests/terminations/changes.
- Interact with internal clients on all levels to help resolve IT-related issues and provides answers in a timely manner.
- Build and maintain vendor relationships and propose hardware and software purchases.
- Ensure that technology assets are maintained responsibly.
- Document issues, resolutions, processes, and procedures.
Required Skills and Experiences:
- 3-5 years experience in a network administration role.
- MS Windows network administration and troubleshooting experience
- Hands on experience of network security as applied to infrastructure - VLAN segmentation, routing and firewall management.
- Expert TCP/IP networking, networking architectures, and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience with multi-vendor VPNs (user and site to site), setup, trouble shooting, and problem resolution.
- Strong understanding of virtualization technologies.
- Hands-on experience with security products, whether network, endpoint, or operational forensics.
- Packet analysis and network protocol dissection skills, using tools such as Wireshark.
- Knowledge of network device performance testing.
- Hands-on experience configuring server hardware and deployment of MS Windows systems.