Senior Information Security Engineer
IT | Austin, TX | Temp to Perm
On behalf of our client, we are looking for a Senior Information Security Engineer to join their rapidly expanding team.
The Senior Information Security Engineer will be responsible for establishing and enforcing information security policies to protect the client’s IT infrastructure, networks and data against cyber-attacks and internal threats. The primary functions of this position includes validating the effectiveness of existing security measures and developing an overall strategy to ensure the client’s long-term operating efficiency and regulatory compliance.
- Independently lead information security program enhancement projects of varying size, scope and technical complexity
- Act as a subject matter expert to other teams and assist as necessary on the design, implementation, deployment and maintenance of security controls and processes
- Work with other teams to identify, resolve, and mitigate vulnerabilities and risks
- Generally, works to solve security challenges at scale while balancing usability, stability, scalability and performance
- Participate in the implementation of the information security framework to support the achievement of program and compliance objectives
- Collaborate with MSP partner, vendors and 3rd party auditors regarding security operations and audits
- Stay up-to-date with news and trends in information security including new vulnerabilities, methodologies, and products
- 5+ years of professional experience as a leader or senior member of a Security team in a highly secure environment or organization.
- Diverse security skill set, with extensive knowledge and experience in Application Security, IT Infrastructure Security, and/or Cloud Security.
- A vision for what a successful security operations program looks like and the maturation steps necessary to achieve this state.
- Experience working in a Linux environment.
- Proven coaching, mentoring and collaboration skills.
- Experience implementing and monitoring secure networks and systems.
- Automation skills and experience with scripting or programming languages.
- Knowledge of, and hands-on experience performing incident response.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of:
- Web/network protocols, attack techniques, and attack behavior.
- Standard security practices, methods and frameworks.
- Implementing and monitoring secure networks and systems.
- Compliance or regulatory frameworks such as PCI, SOC2 among others.