Senior Cyber Security Engineer
IT | Austin, TX | Full Time
On behalf our client who is a leader in the Consumer Credit space we are looking for a Senior Information Security Engineer in Downtown Austin. The Senior Information Security Engineer is responsible for technical implementation of technical security controls (Firewall, IPS, Proxy Servers), threat management, vulnerability management, protection controls, forensic investigation, and security event monitoring and incident detection tasks. Responsibilities include threat management, vulnerability management, incident response, insider threat, perimeter security, logging, security awareness training, anti-phishing, and forensic investigation.
The candidate must be a self-starter, capable of multitasking and efficiently managing their time in a dynamic environment with demanding deadlines while requiring minimal levels of supervision. Additionally, the candidate must possess excellent writing, speaking, analytical, project management, organizational, collaboration and customer service skills that will assist them in identifying solutions to complex security problems.
- Handle cyber security incidents in accordance with the incident response process.
- Perform analysis of logs from various security controls, including, but not limited to, firewall, proxy, host intrusion prevention systems, endpoint security, application and system logs, to identify possible threats to network security.
- Analyze malware and/or other suspicious files/email messages.
- Collaborate with security engineering teams to ensure proper function of tools used to support the incident response function.
- Maintain proper documentation and creation of reports.
- 3-6 years’ experience working in incident response and/or other IT related fields tied to networking and enterprise information system environments.
- Interest in the cyber security field including specific focus on the following domains: enterprise security defense, network & application penetration testing, vulnerability testing, and incident response.
- Knowledge of network protocols, enterprise architecture, and common network logging functions.
- Experience with log analysis, malware analysis, forensic analysis.
- Hands on experience with security tools, such as, Encase, Splunk, Checkpoint, network forensic and capture tools, CarbonBlack, Tanium.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technology field preferred.
- Certifications: Network+, Security+, SANS, CISSP, SSCP, CISM, etc.