Principal Application Security Consultant - Remote
IT | Dallas, TX | Full Time
The Principal Application Consultant role is to execute professional service offerings that will include application and penetration testing service offering support and execution. This individual is responsible for managing client relations, executing assigned technical projects, delivering quality work deliverables in an efficient and thorough manner. The Principal Application Consultant must understand a wide range of technologies and compliances to satisfy the clients’ needs and expectations. Due to the nature of the position, consultants are expected to travel throughout the year depending on customer requirements.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not necessarily limited to, the following:
- Blackbox and whitebox application assessments
- Mobile application security assessments
- Web service security assessments
- Application threat modeling
- Source code review
- Execute engagements, either solo or as a team lead, and produce quality deliverables that meet client business objectives.
- Take a leadership and training role for all new consultants joining the professional services group with a focus on web applications.
- Assist with the development of internally and publicly released DirectDefense tools that will be defined by management.
- Adhere to DirectDefense’s customer commitment.
Specific Goals and Objectives include, but are not necessarily limited to, the following:
- Taking a leadership role within the application consulting group which will include, but is not limited to:
- Development of mythologies, processes, and overall structure of the group as DirectDefense grows.
- Provide Sales technical support and materials to support the Sales organization
- Development of requirements for recruiting prospective consultants.
- Development of training materials, practical application, and progression benchmarks.
- Development of career path/advancement for recruits to progress through the organization.