Personnel Security Specialist
Operations | Ashburn, VA | Full Time
On behalf of our client, we are looking for a Personnel Security Specialist for their Ashburn location. The Personnel Security Specialist is responsible for assisting with the development and administration of client security requirements. This position requires a proactive self-starter who can hold a clear and detail-oriented focus, quickly learn and follow processes and procedures, and maintain open communication with managers and clients.
Location: Ashburn, VA
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review and evaluate background investigation reports and other records.
- Determine the adequacy and completeness of background investigations and other means by which data were collected.
- Evaluate the authenticity, veracity, and pertinence of the data to the record.
- Request additional or develop other information, if needed
- Track clearance packages through the submission process
- Clearly communicate status to management and candidates
- Experience in background screenings
- Experience in data management and maintenance
- Ability to handle and maintain confidential and sensitive data
- Ability to organize and maintain high volumes of data
- Ability to produce reports
- Excellent computer skills with knowledge of MS Windows and MS Office Professional