Oracle Database Administrator
IT | Plano, TX | Contract
The primary responsibility of the Database Administrator will be to install, maintain, and support all aspects of the relational database management systems that support the company's business applications. They must also maintain the integrity of the data by maintaining proper backup and recovery procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain our High-Availability Oracle 11g database environments using Oracle RAC and Data Guard.
- Support, configure, and manage the Oracle databases including installing, upgrading, and patching software.
- Monitor production and non-production database environments including alerts, diagnostic logs, backups, etc. using tools such as scripts, statspack and Oracle Enterprise Manager.
- Use RMAN to perform database backups and recoveries.
- Perform optimization, fine-tuning, and scaling for mission-critical production systems.
- Maintains development, test, and production RDBMS environments.
- Restores and/or recovers data as required using RMAN or using datapump.
- May provide 24 hour on-call support.
- 7 - 9 years of functional and technical experience.
- Oracle certifications are preferred.
- Experience in Oracle database administration in a complex environment required.
- Solid Oracle background on Linux platform.
- Experience with Oracle 11g or 12c.
- Oracle upgrading and patching experiencing is required.
- PL/SQL experience. - Experience working with Oracle RMAN.
- Scripting experience ( Perl, Bash, ksh ).
- Experience in RDBMS analysis and design.
- Oracle Partitioning is preferred.
- Ability to participate in off-hours (night and weekend) tasks and projects and be willing to act in a 24x7 database support role is required.
- Willingness to travel as necessary. (10-15% travel )