Network Security Engineer
IT | Belleville, WI | Contract
We are currently seeking a junior to intermediate level Network Security Engineer for our client based in the Madison/Belleville, WI area. The ideal candidate should have hands-on network security engineer experience and have a keen interest in focusing their career on network & IT security.
Responsibilities of the Network Security Engineer
- Lead security incident response to resolution.
- Configure, test & troubleshoot platforms
- Keep current with the cyber threat landscape and provide recommendations to address the latest threats as soon as they are made publicly available.
- Refine and tune advanced toolset to bring those threats to attention.
Requirements of the Network Security Engineer
- Minimum 1-2 years of hands-on experience in network engineering
- Experience with network security components such as firewalls, VPN, IDS, IPS and security appliances for mail and web
- Some scripting experience is required (Powershell, Python, Perl etc.)
- An understanding of basic Security Methodologies & best practices
- Basic knowledge of malicious code & Phishing (worms, viruses, spyware, ransomware, etc.)
- Able to identify, document and assess information security vulnerabilities and risks
- Strong problem solving, troubleshooting, and analytical skills