IT | Fort Worth, TX | Temp to Perm
Our client, who is seeking a Network Engineer that will be supporting a large enterprise retail corporation's network with Cisco Routers, Switches, Firewalls and Wireless among other Cisco Solutions.
- Configure and install various network devices and services (e.g., routers, switches, firewalls, VPN, QoS). Knowledge of Cisco Nexus 5K, Cisco Catalyst series, Cisco Call Manager, Hosted VOIP, Fortinet, Palo Alto , SDWAN, Wireless (Xirrus, Aerohive, Cisco).
- Monitor performance and ensure system availability and reliability. Monitor system resource utilization, trending.
- Knowledge of Solarwinds
- Perform network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes and security configurations on network devices.
- Provide Level-2/3 support and troubleshooting to resolve issues with network devices and network support issues as well.
- Deep understanding of networking protocols (e.g., IPSEC, HSRP, BGP, OSPF, 802.11, QoS)
- Solid understanding of the OSI or TCP/IP model
- Familiar with MPLS networks.
- CCNP or higher (CCIE and/or CISSP highly valued)
- Work with change management policies to ensure awareness, approval and success of changes made to the network infrastructure.
- Intelligent with engineering, logical thinking.
- Ability to communicate clearly with end users, business managers and the IT department.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.