Information Security Engineer
IT | Dallas, TX | Full Time
On behalf of our client, we are seeking a talented Information Security Engineer to help carry out our client’s Information Security Strategy. We are looking for an individual with strong skills in securing cloud environments, performing risk assessments, communicating security risks and trends to senior leadership, IT security auditing, vulnerability, and penetration testing and network monitoring
- Develop system documentation to convey designs and develop support documentation as appropriate.
- Design, develop, test, and implement solutions to problems involving multiple technologies utilizing advanced specialized technical skills in the context of defined Reference Architectures.
- Stand up Microsoft Servers and other Security products.
- Upgrade and patch security Equipment.
- Develop interfaces from Corporate/Cloud servers to SIEM
- Assist in the identification, response, investigation, and remediation of potential breaches and issues surrounding data security.
- Consult and assist internal IT staff in proving out concepts to support the migration of existing on-premise applications and infrastructure to Azure hybrid PaaS/IaaS deployment.
- Worked with client management team to determine business needs, analyze existing infrastructure, perform gap analysis, create plans to close gaps in order to migrate terabytes of data, and applications to newly implemented cloud architectures.
- Identify and recommend potential areas where existing data security policies and procedures require change, or where a control is required to mitigate security risks while working with various teams to enhance security policies and procedures
- Assist in implementing CIS Controls for hardware and software environments.
- Evaluate the best course of action for product roadmaps and/or projects based on time, cost, and quality to present unbiased alternatives to stakeholders.
- Uphold SDLC processes and ensure deliverables relative to project needs.
- Review technical designs and specifications for adherence to standards.
- Conduct third party Vendor Security Reviews.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Security or Networking, or equivalent work experience required; Master Degree preferred
- Minimum 5 - 9 years of practical experience in leading development and implementation of at least two information technology disciplines Azure or other Cloud environments, including technical architecture, network management, application development, middleware, database management or operations required
- Advanced, specialized technical skills in Security Technologies, including Vulnerability Scanning, SIEM, IDS, IPS
- Experience with network security monitoring tools (SolarWinds, Fidelis, Net Witness) required
- Experience implement and configuring Security tools required
- Experience working with SIEM (LogRhythm) and analyzing and evaluating data to create alerts required
- Demonstrated ability to estimate the financial impact of architecture alternatives; to apply solutions to business problems; and, to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies required