Cloud Storage Architect
IT | Dallas, TX | Contract
On behalf of our client, we are looking for an experienced Cloud Storage Solution Architect. This individual will be responsible for designing and development of individual product features a family of storage products eg: Cloud storage gateway (software appliance that serves as a bridge between local applications and cloud-based translates cloud storage APIs such as SOAP or REST to block-based storage protocols such as iSCSI or Fibre Channel or file-based)
- End-to-end ownership of product features, quality, and usability.
- Participate in and review detailed technical architecture and designs; perform code reviews and as required contribute to code development.
- Compare product features cloud providers Storages services as well as enhance Product features and Support.
- Performing complex architecture experience which will include storage technologies, standards, arrays, cloud, virtualization, proof of concepts, logical/physical design models, and working with other teams in some capacity.
- Involves in presentations, writing papers, blog posts
- 8+ years storage system design and development experience with storage solutions
- 2+ years’ experience with Storage architectures and how they integrate into large-scale production applications
- 2 + years’ experience with advanced storage technologies such as replication, high availability, archiving, backup & restore, and disaster recovery/business continuity
- 1+ years of experience with Microsoft Windows and Linux scripting and system configuration.
- Distributed storage systems experience is mandatory.
- Microservices architectural experience is mandatory.
- Expertise in hardware components, such as PCIe, hard drives, SSD, UltraDIMM, SAS, SATA and, NVMe storage devices, storage controllers, storage infrastructure, SAS switches/expanders, server chassis, storage SAS expander, disk backplane, disk enclosures, SAN, NAS.
- Deep knowledge of storage protocols and standards, such as SAS, SATA, NVMe, , iSCSI, Fibre Channel.
- Deep knowledge of operating systems, kernel-mode programming, device drivers, and related technologies and architectures.
- Comfortable with a range of programming languages (C, C++, Python) and development tools.
- high quality of C/C++ engineering experience. Full life cycle of storage product development from system design, implementing, testing, and delivering.