IT | Dallas, TX | Contract
The Senior Cloud Architect will focus on the design of our client’s Public Cloud and enable growth in regulated industries. This position is for an extraordinary research engineer to develop common standards and components to enhance the security and compliance posture of the client’s Public Cloud. The successful candidate will be a significant voice in the long-term strategic direction of our client’s Cloud architecture, working closely with their development, and offering teams.
**** Remote position****
6 months contract to hire
- Develop a technical strategy to grow the Cloud ecosystem of partners relevant to financial services
- Research and development for client’s Cloud Platform, with a primary emphasis on security technologies, networking technologies, and compliance and regulatory procedure automation
- Work closely with the individual Cloud service owners and architects to meet requirements and security practices that will accelerate growth and adoption from the financial services industry
- Provide technical & architectural direction for product development and integration of security products and pre-built patterns for secure offerings built on Cloud-native container architecture implemented as Kubernetes-based micro-services
- Architecture, design, and implementation of security and compliance standards and related services that provide necessary scalability, performance and cost-effective security of the public Cloud Platform
- Actively participate in architectural decisions, design, and code reviews
- Work closely with distributed teams such as Engineering, QA, Product Management in all phases of software development
- Work in continuous integration, continuous delivery, and continuous compliance environment, while evaluating and improving these engineering processes
- Help Engineering/Development to perform POCs, evaluating different vendor products.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- BS/MS/Ph.D. Degree in Computer Science or similar field
- 10+ years of experience in development, building large-scale distributed multi-tenant software systems, preferably in the Public Cloud space
- In-depth knowledge and hands-on experience in Cloud and security architecture, principles, interfaces, and protocols
- Familiarity with financial services and banking regulatory frameworks and compliance standards
- Proficient with Cloud Native technologies, including Containers, Docker, Kubernetes and Linux
- Micro-services based modern software development knowledge and skills in a DevOps environment
- Any background and experience in Cloud networking is also desirable, including routing, switching, data center networking, overlay networking, security, and automation
This position requires the candidate to be able to obtain and maintain security clearance. In order to obtain a clearance, you need to be a US Citizen and show proof of citizenship.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise:
- Solid knowledge & skills of Python/Java/GoLang/GRPC/Docker/Kubernetes/Istio/etc.
- Track record of large-scale multi-tenant highly scalable distributed system software development