Business Development Representative
Sales | Boston, MA | Full Time
As a Business Development Representative, you will be responsible for identifying and connecting with potential customers in our target market. You will be the first person most potential customers will interact with at DirectDefense, so you must be articulate, detail-oriented, and value building and nurturing relationships. Business Development Representatives must also be quick on their feet, and they should excel at having conversations online, through email, and by phone. Successful Business Development Representatives are great researchers, have a positive outlook, and are not easily discouraged.
Being at the front lines of the sales process is an essential step in breaking into a job in cybersecurity sales and this opportunity has incredible potential for career growth as DirectDefense needs leaders and top talent to continue to expand. If you are looking to make a move to a company that will give you the freedom to create your own success and learn from an amazing team of cybersecurity talent, let’s talk!
What You’ll Do In This Role
- Generate new business opportunities to fuel DirectDefense’s Pipeline and Growth across the country
- Collaborate with and leverage teammates (Sales Management and Account Executives) to develop targeted lists, call strategies, and messaging to drive opportunities in regional areas
- Utilize business and industry knowledge to research accounts, identify key players, generate interest, create/identify compelling events, and develop accounts
- Outbound prospecting to companies via cold calling, email, marketing campaigns, etc.
- Manage, track, and report on all activities and results using Salesforce
- Exceed monthly/quarterly quotas for Introductory Meetings with our target market
- Conduct high-level discovery and educational conversations with Senior Executives (C-Level, VP/Director) in Target Accounts
To Be Successful In This Role, We Need Someone Who Has:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability and desire to work in a challenging and competitive industry
- A risk-taker with a powerful work ethic and a hunter mentality
- Self-motivation and comfort working with a small sales team in a startup environment
- A competitive, passionate and enthusiastic personality
- Organization skills
- Previous work experience with Salesforce.com CRM is a plus
- Prior cybersecurity sales experience is a plus
A little about DirectDefense
Since coming together in 2011 to form DirectDefense, our team has been committed to offering managed security strategies that are unmatched in the industry. Whether we are performing assessments of networks, platforms, and applications or applying managed services to improve your organization’s security posture, we are focused on providing world-class services that don’t just work–they work for you.
We establish partnerships with our clients based on trust and results. We leverage our deep industry knowledge and expertise to identify and remediate blind spots in your security program, provide meaningful visibility of your entire enterprise, and align your organization with security best practices and compliance standards.
We aim to secure organizations across all industries against advanced threats and attacks in today’s world. Acting in partnership with organizations, we will provide unmatched information security services designed to improve your overall security posture, close gaps, and track vulnerabilities on an ongoing basis through continued education and support.
- The benefit of being able to have a huge impact on the business’s success
- Fast Track to a closing role
- Beautiful Downtown Office in Faneuil Hall
- Team Outings (Happy Hours, Team Building, Sporting Events)
- Flexibility when meeting goals
- Ability to be creative with your business plan and approach to hitting goals