VP, US Sales
Sales | Beaverton, OR | Full Time
Digimarc is the inventor of Digimarc Discover® software and Digimarc Barcode for the automatic identification of virtually any object. We provide a powerful platform to create new applications for retail, consumer goods, publishing, banking, media and entertainment, and more.
We are a global, values-based organization empowering talented engineers and scientists, along with a wide-range of sales, marketing and operations professionals to manage a publicly-traded company consistently ranked as one of Oregon’s best places to work. Will you join us? We are Digimarc: The Barcode of Everything™.
Digimarc is seeking a Vice President of US Sales to develop, manage and grow revenues and advance our strategic objectives in the US. The Vice President will lead domestic sales strategy, and account management for our technology-based solutions. The VP will implement this strategy into complex retail, CPG and manufacturing environments with multiple stakeholders, influencers and decision-makers. The ideal candidate will have a thorough understanding of all aspects of retail business environments and major brand organizations. The candidate must have a successful track record for solution selling across multiple disciplines and/or relevant experience.
The VP will report to our EVP Sales and Business Development. The executive will be responsible for driving effective execution of strategy in the territory. The successful candidate will be delivering innovative solutions to customers while growing revenue and market adoption. This individual must excel in a fast-paced, high-tech environment. Collaboration across the organization and with channel partners is essential to success in this position.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS / MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and lead strategic sales plans with account teams in support of our organization’s operating strategy and objectives
- Promote sales growth and customer satisfaction
- Establish quarterly sales targets and managing forecasts aligned with company financial objectives
- Work closely with other departments to ensure we are delivering with quality and reliability against account objectives
- Possess excellent communication skills across all levels of the organization
- Support and drive sales plan objectives and meets organizational expenditure requirements
- Build, develop and manage sales teams while supporting sales initiatives
- Maintain high levels of customer satisfaction through relationship management with major accounts
- Support marketing to appropriately price and position Digimarc solutions and offerings
- Bring the “voice of the customer” to the organization and articulate requirements to deployment team and product marketing
- Consistently meet or exceed booking and revenue plan while delivering growth within focus and emerging accounts
- Manage domestic Account Directors and inside sales team
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Business Acumen
- Strategic Thinking
- Results Driven
- Customer Focus
- Technical Capacity
- Communication Proficiency
- Strong values, consistent with Digimarc corporate culture
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Candidate must have good communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated success developing new business
- Previous experience building and managing solution delivery into multi-billion dollar national accounts
- At least 10 years demonstrated success selling solutions or consultative selling experience, preferably to National CPG companies and National Retail companies
- Strong knowledge of the CPG and Retail Industry (operations and POS solutions preferred)
- Proven ability to communicate and present to all levels within an organization, including C-level audiences
- Alignment with the core Digimarc values of Innovation, Caring, Loyalty, Integrity, Commitment and Knowledge in fast paced working environment
- BS/BA desired
- Requires travel, approximately 30%
Digimarc is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected factor.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.