Product Management | Remote | Full Time
Are you a catalyst for change? A driver to new destinations? A steward for sustainability? If those are some of the attributes that describe you, then read on. We are looking for ambitious bring-it-on-problem-solvers who are dedicated to doing what’s right for the planet. Join our team and help make the circular economy a reality right now.
From product packaging and music to government documents and more, Digimarc enhances nearly any form of media with a digital identity that is reliably and easily scanned. Shipping boxes, auto parts, audio files and even plastic bottles each take on individual identities within the Digimarc Platform. We are a curious and courageous team and lean on our values to guide our decision making. We believe our Platform can address some of the planet’s most challenging issues, such as plastic waste in our oceans impacting climate change or counterfeit products in our supply chains threatening consumer safety. We believe the talent of every employee can make a difference. We are a publicly traded company (NASDAQ: DMRC) that has been operating since 1995. Come join us and help contribute to a better future. We are Digimarc.
As the UX Designer for the Digimarc Platform product team, you will be instrumental in driving seamless and consistent user experiences for the different audiences and personas that engage with the platform and interact with our software tools. Developers require quick access to documentation and access to Digimarc’s SDKs and APIs as they build products and solutions for their industries. Graphic designers require intuitive interfaces in Digimarc software tools that allow them to easily enhance media and verify the results. And brands and retailers require web applications and services that are simple to understand but tightly tuned to their industry workflows. You will be tasked with designing intuitive user experiences for these disparate audiences that evoke a consistent and unified Digimarc identity and personality.
Cross-collaboration is a key component in this role. Working with several Digimarc agile development teams and the Product Management and Marketing teams, your mission will be to champion user-centric design in the Digimarc Platform. Working with Product Management, you will develop a deep understanding of the personas that interact with Digimarc products. You will create, share, iterate and collaborate on interactive UI mockups and prototypes to realize the right UX, using de facto standard UI/UX design tools, as well as hosting design workshops You will lead user acceptance testing and UX research to validate how well our products are helping our customers solve problems and perform their tasks.
Flexibility and agility are also key components in this role. The products and interfaces you work with have rapidly evolved over time and Digimarc’s R&D teams continue to rapidly deliver new innovations that will present new UX challenges. There will always be new opportunities to invent novel and innovative UI and UX solutions as Digimarc’s technology continues to advance. Your UX leadership will directly impact the success of Digimarc and our customers.
WHAT YOU WILL DO…
- Partner closely with product managers, developers, and users to define, design, and develop user experiences that solve real customer needs and drive business outcomes
- Work with product managers to develop customer journey maps to inform product design decisions
- Develop and design user flows, wireframes, prototypes, and refined experiences iteratively with a strong foundation in UX, research, and a user-centric mindset
- Design and drive user testing programs through the use of prototypes
- Analyze user feedback to consistently improve UX in Digimarc products
- Be the thought leader and champion for UX design and user testing at Digimarc, advocating for best practices and establishing guidelines from experience
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR…
- 5+ years of experience working as a UX or Product Designer, spanning web, mobile and/or workstation application design
- A degree in Human-Computer Interaction Design, Industrial Design, Human Factors (or a related discipline) preferred
- A relevant portfolio of work illustrating user-centered design solutions (e.g. personas, customer journey maps, wireframes, mockups, workflows, design specs, etc.)
- Fluency in best practices for information architecture and interface design, as well as strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques
- Expert proficiency in commonly used visual design and prototyping tools
- Experience establishing and analyzing UX metrics and conducting user testing and research
- Strong communication, presentation, interpersonal, and analytical skills
- Experience working in an agile development environment
- Thrives in a dynamic environment, maintaining composure and a positive attitude while handling a variety of assignments and technologies
- Alignment with the core Digimarc values of Innovation, Caring, Loyalty, Integrity, Commitment, and Knowledge in a dynamic working environment
- Due to COVID-19, travel is limited to essential business travel only. Once it is safe to travel, anticipate up to 30% travel to attend both domestic and international customer/partners visits, conferences and other marketing events
- Strongly desirable: A degree in Human-Computer Interaction Design, Industrial Design, Human Factors or a related discipline
Digimarc is seeking diverse applicants. We are an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected factor. We want the best people who share our values.
This job posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.