Strategic Account Manager
Sales | Beaverton, OR | Full Time
Digimarc is the inventor of Digimarc Discover® software and Digimarc Barcode for the automatic identification of virtually any object. We provide a powerful platform to create new applications for retail, consumer goods, publishing, banking, media and entertainment, and more.
We are a global, values-based organization empowering talented engineers and scientists, along with a wide-range of sales, marketing and operations professionals to manage a publicly-traded company consistently ranked as one of Oregon’s best places to work. Will you join us? We are Digimarc: The Barcode of Everything™.
Digimarc is seeking a Strategic Account Manager, reporting to the VP, Sales. This position will be responsible for developing strong relationships with customers, leading and managing account strategy with internal/external stakeholders while delivering a high level of customer service. Strategic Account Managers also nurture client queries and identify new business opportunities within their customer base.
In this role, you will lead and liaise with cross-functional internal teams (including Client Services, Program Management, Partner Management and Product Management departments) to ensure we deliver a premium customer experience.
If you are familiar with account management software (Salesforce), have a flair for client relations, and have experience selling technical solutions, we would like to meet you. Candidates for this role will know how to meet ambitious individual and team-wide sales goals. Ultimately, a successful Strategic Account Manager should collaborate with our Sales team to achieve quotas while keeping our clients satisfied and engaged with our products and services in the long run.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS / MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage multiple key accounts (smaller in scale)
- Obsess customer’s business objectives, priorities and needs
- Technical expertise to sell marketed solutions utilizing tools and assets
- Maintain all details in Salesforce
- Serve as the lead point of contact for all customer account management matters
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting client relationships
- Negotiate contracts and close agreements to maximize profits
- Develop trusted advisor relationships with key accounts, customer stakeholders and executive sponsors
- Ensure the timely and successful delivery of our solutions according to customer needs and objectives
- Clearly communicate the progress of monthly/quarterly initiatives to internal and external stakeholders
- Develop new business with existing clients and/or identify areas of improvement to meet sales quotas
- Forecast and track key account metrics (e.g. quarterly sales results and annual forecasts)
- Prepare reports on account status
- Collaborate with sales team to identify and grow opportunities within territory
- Assist with challenging client requests or issue escalations as needed
- Travel up to 30% of the time
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Sales experience (5+ years)
- High potential candidate with potential to move into strategic account role
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to successfully work with all levels
- Ability to manage multiple accounts, competing priorities and deadlines
- Technical understanding and product proficiency
- Ability to negotiate and close
- Alignment with our core Digimarc values of Innovation, Caring, Integrity, Innovation, Loyalty, Commitment and Knowledge in a fun, fast paced working environment
Digimarc is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected factor.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.