Staff Data Architect
Information Technology | Beaverton, OR | Full Time
Digimarc is the inventor of Digimarc Discover® software and Digimarc Barcode for the automatic identification of virtually any object. We provide a powerful platform to create new applications for retail, consumer goods, publishing, banking, media and entertainment, and more.
We are a global, values-based organization empowering talented engineers and scientists, along with a wide-range of sales, marketing and operations professionals to manage a publicly-traded company consistently ranked as one of Oregon’s best places to work. Will you join us? We are Digimarc: The Barcode of Everything™.
Digimarc is seeking a Staff Data Architect in the Beaverton, OR office. As part of a small, fast paced multi-disciplined team working in an agile environment; this individual will work on multiple internal and external projects in support of Digimarc product lines.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS / MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other Duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time. As a Staff Data Architect, you will be able to perform the following duties:
- Creating and implementing a data strategy for organizing and standardizing an entire organization
- Champion data governance, master data management
- Assist in defining data architecture for numerous products by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes;
- Document and demonstrate reporting and aggregation with clear descriptions of business processes and corresponding analytics, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts
- Develop and maintain product, operations and financial reporting.
- Protect operations by keeping information confidential
- Leverage REST API’s, and how they are related to data integration.
- Actively participate in product design reviews by providing creative and practical ideas and solutions in a teamwork environment
- Perform administrative duties for line-of-business BI and reporting applications; including researching/troubleshooting issues and providing support
- Work with software vendors to acquire, implement and troubleshoot ISV solutions
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- BS Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Requires a minimum of 7-10 years of experience in Database and Enterprise architecture.
- Must have experience presenting to C level executives
- Must have distributed cloud computing experience such as; Azure and AWS
- Must have experience with PowerBI, Microsoft SQL, HTML5 and Responsive Design, security gateways and APIs
- Experience with any/all of the following preferred: Python, MATLAB, STATA, Java, Ruby, Perl, SQL and other BI statistical software and analytics tools
- Must also have the following:
- Data Strategy, Data Architecture
- Data Analytics / Business Intelligence
- Data Warehousing in SQL
- Full understanding of ETL and methods to achieve data archival, and smoothing as appropriate.
- Experience with Microsoft Great Plains (GP) a plus
- Ability to write Stored Procedures, write complex SQL queries, and ability to analyze SQL data is a plus
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Suite (SSRS, SSAS, SSIS) a plus
- Attention to detail and commitment to high quality/error free deliverables.
- Must be motivated, independent and self-sufficient. Able to receive an assigned task and see it through to completion with minimal supervision
- Must be well organized, a good communicator, able to effectively prioritize tasks, and manage your projects from concept to production
- Must be able to write thorough and concise functional and design specifications as well as easily readable end user documentation
- Must be able to brainstorm with others, thrive in a collaborative team environment, multi task, and quickly adapt to change
- Possess leadership skills and ability to be led in a manner that is healthy to our positive and productive work environment
- Emphasizes personal and professional growth by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Must rely on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals in a variety of tasks
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills
- Alignment with the core Digimarc values of Innovation, Caring, Loyalty, Integrity, Commitment, and Knowledge in a fun, fast paced working environment
Digimarc is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected factor.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.