Sr. R&D Engineer
Engineering and R&D | Remote | Full Time
Are you a catalyst for change? A driver to new destinations? A steward for sustainability? If those are some of the attributes that describe you, then read on. We are looking for ambitious bring-it-on-problem-solvers who are dedicated to doing what’s right for the planet. Join our team and help make the circular economy a reality.
From product packaging to music, government documents to e-books, Digimarc enhances nearly any form of media with a digital identity that is reliably and easily scanned. The Digimarc Platform provides shipping boxes, auto parts, audio files and even plastic bottles with individual identities to help solve pressing challenges. Our teams are curious and courageous. We are dedicated risk takers, yet our decision making is always grounded in our core values. We believe our Platform can address some of the planet’s most challenging issues, such as plastic waste in our oceans, the impact of climate change and the threat to consumer safety posed by counterfeit products in our supply chains. We believe the talent of every employee can make a difference. Come join us and help contribute to a better future.
Digimarc is seeking a Senior Researcher and Engineer. As a senior researcher and engineer in a small fast paced team, this individual will need to be able to take ideas quickly from brainstorming through software prototype and test. The candidate will also need to work closely with the research team to deliver software technology to customers and partners. The technology focus will be on applied research to create content identification algorithms and techniques (image recognition, content-based image retrieval, fingerprinting, digital watermarking) to enable a variety of innovative applications (mobile, wearable, cloud). Limited travel may be required.
WHAT YOU WILL DO…
- Apply, adapt and optimize Digimarc digital watermarking technology (i.e., Digimarc Barcode) for object recognition in various applications such as recycling/sustainability, traceability, retail and consumer engagement
- Develop algorithms and implementations to enhance the functionality of Digimarc Barcode detectors
- Perform basic and applied research in digital watermarking, signal processing, image processing and other fields related to signal detection and estimation
- Quickly prototype, implement, and test algorithms and analysis tools and optimize for speed and memory
- Integrate Digimarc functionality into machine vision systems and imaging systems – from sensor, optics, camera, lighting, calibration, to processing optimizations for various platforms
- Develop accelerated implementations of Digimarc Barcode detection algorithms, taking advantage of parallel computation such as SIMD operations and GPGPU processing
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR…
- Advanced degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science (or equivalent experience), with emphasis on signal/image processing, computer vision and machine learning
- A track record of successfully delivering high-quality research on time
- Hands-on experience in implementation of algorithms on software and hardware platforms
- Experience in C/C++ programming, specifically in optimizing algorithms and implementations using AVX instructions, ARM NEON instructions, and/or GPU/GPGPU programming
- MATLAB and Python skills (or equivalent fast prototyping and display language)
- Experience in implementing algorithms in constrained computational environments (fixed point math, low memory, etc.)
- Experience in developing imaging systems (camera, sensor, optics, lighting)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Curiosity and diverse technical interests/skills
- Alignment with the core Digimarc values of Innovation, Caring, Loyalty, Integrity, Commitment, and Knowledge in a dynamic working environment
Digimarc is seeking diverse applicants. We are an equal opportunity employer who considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected factor. We want the best people who share our values.
This job posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.