Sr. Corporate Communications Manager
ESG & Corporate Communications | Remote, USA | Full Time
Are you a catalyst for change? A driver to new destinations? A steward for sustainability? If those are some of the attributes that describe you, then read on. We are looking for ambitious bring-it-on-problem-solvers who are dedicated to doing what’s right for the planet. Join our team and help make the circular economy a reality right now.
From product packaging and music to government documents and more, Digimarc enhances nearly any form of media with a digital identity that is reliably and easily scanned. Shipping boxes, auto parts, audio files and even plastic bottles each take on individual identities within the Digimarc Platform. We are a curious and courageous team and lean on our values to guide our decision making. We believe our Platform can address some of the planet’s most challenging issues, such as plastic waste in our oceans impacting climate change or counterfeit products in our supply chains threatening consumer safety. We believe the talent of every employee can make a difference. We are a publicly traded company (NASDAQ: DMRC) that has been operating since 1995. Come join us and help contribute to a better future. We are Digimarc.
We are seeking a Senior Manager, Corporate Communications to be a crucial part of a new and growing function within the organization. Partnering with the VP, ESG Engagement & Corporate Communications and other key stakeholders across the company you will leverage your expertise to identify impactful communications opportunities, design creative campaigns, distill complex topics, write clear content, and coach leaders in a values-centered way. This position has high executive visibility and growth potential.
WHAT YOU WILL DO…
- Plan and execute a comprehensive external communications strategy that drives business outcomes, enhances reputation, and supports the organization’s culture, purpose, and values
- Draft and update messaging materials, including press releases, briefing documents, FAQs and issues briefs, and other communication materials as needed
- Conduct proactive media outreach and story development with targeted media and work directly with reporters to enhance Digimarc’s reputation
- Work with executive team and subject matter experts to develop their messaging via media training, penning op-eds, interview opportunities, and speaking engagements
- Research and develop content and compile positioning materials and presentations in prep for targeted investor conferences and other thought leadership venues
- Collaborate with Sales, Product Management, and Product Marketing on positioning and messaging targeting government, NGOs, and other external stakeholders as appropriate
- Coordinate communications plans with other members of Marketing and external partners as needed, including events, digital and social marketing
- Maintain and refresh investor section and Sustainability Central of Digimarc.com and advise on strategies to communicate our ESG progress through our website, ESG reporting, and other communications channels as appropriate
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR…
- 6+ years of relevant PR experience, ideally with some combination of sustainability communications, media relations, stakeholder engagement, and/or public affairs
- A self-directed strategic thinker capable of collaborating with and influencing a range of stakeholders and making an impact quickly
- Experience with creative storytelling, proactive press outreach, and building relationships with journalists and stakeholders
- A solid grasp of narrative, awareness of audiences, and exceptional attention to detail
- Passion for sustainability and business communications, business-to-business (B2B/enterprise) technology PR experience preferred
- Passion in creating and sustaining a diverse and inclusive culture where individuals and teams can do their best work and unlock their potential
- Alignment with the core Digimarc values of Caring, Integrity, Commitment, Innovation, Loyalty and Knowledge
Digimarc is seeking diverse applicants. We are an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected factor. We want the best people who share our values.
This job posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.