Senior Technical Writer
Product Management | Beaverton, OR | Full Time
Digimarc is the inventor of the Digimarc Platform featuring Digimarc Barcode, which enables any object or media to be reliably and efficiently identified to reduce food waste, lessen manufacturing errors, protect the authenticity and security of products, reduce plastic waste, promote consumer engagement and much more.
We are a global, values-based organization that recognizes our employees’ talents, resources and products can help promote a better future, both locally and across the world. We are curious and courageous, and believe our Platform can address challenging issues, such as the traceability and transparency of products across supply chains or the impact of plastic packaging on the environment. We believe the talent of every employee can make a difference.
We are a publicly-traded company that has been operating since 1995. Please join us and help contribute to a better future. We are Digimarc.
Digimarc is seeking an enthusiastic and talented Senior Technical Writer. In this role you will join the team of Product Management, Software, QA and R&D engineers responsible for developing software and documentation in support of Digimarc Barcode.
WHAT YOU WILL DO…
- Acquire and maintain a thorough understanding of Digimarc technology
- Develop a diverse variety of technical documentation: SDK guides, end-user guides, customer-facing expositions, white papers, etc. for both technical and non-technical audiences
- Collaborate with technical staff and other resources to gather the information required for documentation
- Document engineering processes and specifications
- Collaborate with stakeholders (product managers, marketing, technical managers, etc.) to ensure that documentation meets their requirements
- Proactively review, revise, and improve technical communication processes, workflows, and deliverables
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR…
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 2+ years’ experience in technical writing
- Possesses exemplary verbal, writing, and collaboration skills
- Careful attention to detail
- Enthusiasm for learning new technologies
- Commitment to egoless collaboration on documentation projects
- Self-reliant approach to problem-solving
- Flexibility to respond quickly to changing specifications and requirements
- Facility with or ability to quickly learn the tech writer's essential tools, including Microsoft Word, HTML, Adobe products (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator), and document-generation tools
- Understanding of software development concepts and experience working with agile software teams
- Highly desirable: Experience with software project management tools: source control, Agile process management
- Exposure or understanding of graphic design, pre-press and printing process and techniques
- Alignment with the core Digimarc values of Innovation, Caring, Loyalty, Integrity, Commitment, and Knowledge in a dynamic working environment
Digimarc is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected factor.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.