Senior Software Developer
Information Technology | Remote | Full Time
Are you a catalyst for change? A driver to new destinations? A steward for sustainability? If those are some of the attributes that describe you, then read on. We are looking for ambitious bring-it-on-problem-solvers who are dedicated to doing what’s right for the planet. Join our team and help make the circular economy a reality.
From product packaging to music, government documents to e-books, Digimarc enhances nearly any form of media with a digital identity that is reliably and easily scanned. The Digimarc Platform provides shipping boxes, auto parts, audio files and even plastic bottles with individual identities to help solve pressing challenges. Our teams are curious and courageous. We are dedicated risk takers, yet our decision making is always grounded in our core values. We believe our Platform can address some of the planet’s most challenging issues, such as plastic waste in our oceans, the impact of climate change and the threat to consumer safety posed by counterfeit products in our supply chains. We believe the talent of every employee can make a difference. Come join us and help contribute to a better future.
We are seeking a Senior Software Developer to contribute to project-based work with a high performing team. The projects are diverse and may pull from many integrations and languages to be successful. This individual needs to be comfortable with locally hosted applications and development as well as cloud, predominately Azure. The role will work with the development team and product owners to understand requirements, create PoC’s and deliver stable, maintainable applications and properties. Ability to learn new languages, apply security-minded architecture, and deliver valuable business applications are a must!
WHAT YOU WILL DO…
- Develop software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; perform software design using software development fundamentals and processes; debug, test, and deploy software solutions.
- Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation that includes clear descriptions of business processes and corresponding solutions, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments, and clear code.
- Plan and forecast software project scope and timelines with a high degree of accuracy.
- Develop and maintain product test software and demonstrations for training purposes. Additionally, prepare or assist in making training material for users.
- Protect operations by keeping the information confidential.
- Actively participate in product design reviews by providing creative and practical ideas and solutions in a teamwork environment.
- Perform and participate in code reviews with other Software Engineers to ensure a shared understanding of application functionality as well as give and receive constructive feedback.
- Perform administrative duties for line-of-business applications; including researching / troubleshooting issues and providing support.
- Work with software vendors to acquire, implement and troubleshoot ISV solutions.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR…
- 5+ years of experience programming in .NET framework/core using C#.
- 3+ years in working with Microsoft's Azure Cloud Platform.
- 3+ years in working with Microsoft SQL Server preferred.
- BS Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly.
- Ability to write Stored Procedures, write complex SQL queries, and ability to analyze SQL data is required.
- Experience developing distributed systems a plus.
- Experience with Microsoft Great Plains (GP)/eConnect a plus.
- Experience with Salesforce a plus.
- Experience with Salesforce development a plus.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Suite (SSRS, SSAS, SSIS) a plus.
- Attention to detail and commitment to high quality/error free deliverables.
- Must be motivated, independent and self-sufficient. Able to receive an assigned task and see it through to completion with minimal supervision.
- Must be well organized, a good communicator, able to effectively prioritize tasks, and manage your projects from concept to production.
- Must be able to write thorough and concise functional and design specifications as well as easily readable end-user documentation.
- Must be able to brainstorm with others, thrive in a collaborative team environment, multi-task, and adapt quickly to change.
- Possess leadership skills and brings a positive contribution to create and maintain a productive and collaborative work environment.
- Emphasis and excitement for professional growth by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Ability to utilize and rely on extensive experience and sound judgment to plan and accomplish goals in a variety of tasks.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Alignment with the core Digimarc values of Innovation, Caring, Loyalty, Integrity, Commitment, and Knowledge in a dynamic working environment.
Digimarc is seeking diverse applicants. We are an equal opportunity employer who considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected factor. We want the best people who share our values.
This job posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.