Senior Product Manager
Product Management | Beaverton, OR | Full Time
Digimarc is the Inventor of Digimarc Discover® and Digimarc Barcode, which is generally imperceptible in normal use, for automatically identifying and interacting with virtually any media. We provide a powerful platform to create new applications for retail, consumer goods, publishing, banking, media and entertainment, and more.
We empower talented engineers and scientists, along with a wide-range of finance, sales, marketing and operations professionals to manage a publicly-traded company that is consistently one of the state of Oregon’s best places to work. Will you join us? We are Digimarc: The Barcode of Everything™.
Digimarc is seeking a Senior Product Manager to drive the development of one of more software component products within the Digimarc Barcode Platform.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Own one or more products in the Digimarc portfolio
- Understand requests from customers, channel partners and the business
- Create and manage a prioritized backlog of improvements for each product
- Advocate for needed investments in your products with the product council
- Develop business cases to support new feature development
- Define requirements and success measures for each development effort
- Work with Engineering to ensure there is clarity on development goals
- Work with Agile engineering teams to break work down into user stories
- Negotiate specs with engineering by prioritizing user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Own on-time delivery by optimizing scope
- Coordinate delivery and support of products to customers and partners, including necessary specs and documentation
- Work with Marketing and Sales to help define messaging and market positioning
- Up to 20% travel to attend both domestic and international customer/partners visits, conferences and other marketing events, with speaking opportunities possible
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years in a software product management role
- 7+ years career experience
- Proven track record of successful collaboration with technical teams
- Experience with managing products for Embedded Systems or Design/Prepress/Print workflows
- Experienced with the Scrum process
- Alignment with the core Digimarc values of Caring, Integrity, Innovation, Loyalty, Commitment and Knowledge in a fun, fast paced working environment
ADDITIONAL DESIRED EXPERIENCE:
- Certified Scrum Product Owner
Digimarc is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected factor.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.