Senior Product Manager | Brand Protection
Product Management | Remote | Full Time
Are you a catalyst for change? A driver to new destinations? A steward for sustainability? If those are some of the attributes that describe you, then read on. We are looking for ambitious bring-it-on-problem-solvers who are dedicated to doing what’s right for the planet. Join our team and help make the circular economy a reality right now.
From product packaging and music to government documents and more, Digimarc enhances nearly any form of media with a digital identify that is reliably and easily scanned. Shipping boxes, auto parts, audio files and even plastic bottles each take on individual identities within the Digimarc Platform. We are a curious and courageous team and lean on our values to guide our decision making. We believe our Platform can address some of the planet’s most challenging issues, such as plastic waste in our oceans impacting climate change or counterfeit products in our supply chains threatening consumer safety. We believe the talent of every employee can make a difference. We are a publicly traded company (NASDAQ: DMRC) that has been operating since 1995. Come join us and help contribute to a better future. We are Digimarc.
As the Senior Product Manager for Brand Protection, you will join the team responsible for delivering a sophisticated anti-counterfeiting and brand protection solution that saves lives by ensuring product integrity and preserving brand reputation. As a Senior Product Manager, you are the consummate team player, adept at managing relationships, collaborating and influencing across a variety of organizational functions. You will guide cross-functional product teams charged with increasing the profitability of existing products as well as discovering and building new products that improve the customer experience.
You should have experience making decisions with imperfect information, know how to lead without authority and be comfortable managing through ambiguity and complexity. You must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy that includes both a big-picture vision and the drive to turn that vision into reality. You must also enjoy spending time in the market to understand the market problems of our current customers and finding innovative solutions to expand to the broader market.
Communication skills are key to success in this role. You will work with a development counterpart to define product requirements based on customer and market problems. You will work with sales to understand and ensure customer success. You will work with product marketing and marketing communications to help define the go-to-market strategy by providing key product and market insights. You will also serve as the internal and external evangelist for your product offerings, working to support the sales channel and key customers. In short, you must be prepared to communicate with all areas of the company.
You are a strategist who will translate the company’s high-level vision and goals into actionable tasks. You will set product strategy, prioritize features, drive decision-making, and coordinate product schedules with your engineering peers.
WHAT YOU WILL DO…
- Act as the “messenger of the market” from the outside-in to the rest of the organization.
- Analyze various market segments and collaborate with leadership to choose the best ones to pursue and invest resources.
- Develop a three-year roadmap for our products or product lines to illustrate our vision and plan into the future.
- Collaborate with other stakeholders such as product marketing on the creation of positioning for your products.
- Create user stories for current and future products based on the market’s problems.
- Manage the entire product line life cycle from sunsetting legacy products to prototyping and testing new features/products and ideas.
- Drive buy-build-partner analysis, and where necessary, review potential partner relationships for the product.
- Know why we are winning and losing in the market, and drive changes to our product and processes to create improvement.
- Keep a finger on the pulse of our competition and develop strategies and tactics to reduce the threat.
- Business Plan & Product Profitability expertise
- Devise and monitor Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for product line
- Risk based market opportunity analysis for level of funding
- Financial modeling
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR…
- 7+ years of product management experience, including solid experience in product marketing and technical product development.
- BA/BS in Business or Engineering preferred.
- Demonstrated success in positioning and launching differentiated products that meet and exceed business objectives.
- Demonstrated success in creation of demonstration and sales tools, product collateral.
- Demonstrated success in conducting research including:
- Competitive research
- Win/loss research
- Quantitative/discovery research
- Qualitative validation research
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Deep understanding of how a product is sold and the channels they are sold into.
- Metrics-driven: Strong analytical and synthesis skills are a must, including the ability to absorb and process large amounts of data into actionable information to drive decision-making.
- Subject matter expert/industry experience in brand protection, or data analytics is a strong plus.
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority. The ability to influence and work collaboratively with sales, marketing and development is critically important.
- Proven track record of formulating innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Guide new solution concepts through the Stage-Gate (PMP) process.
- Pragmatic Institute Certified (PMC) III or higher preferred.
- Experience with best practice agile scrum development and lean startup principles.
- Comfortable using collaboration and CRM tools such as JIRA, Confluence, and Salesforce.
- Thrives in a dynamic environment, maintaining composure and a positive attitude.
- Alignment with the core Digimarc values of Innovation, Caring, Loyalty, Integrity, Commitment, and Knowledge in a dynamic working environment.
- Due to COVID-19, travel is limited to essential business travel only. Once it is safe to travel, anticipate up to 30% travel to attend both domestic and international customer/partners visits, conferences and other marketing events
Digimarc is seeking diverse applicants. We are an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected factor. We want the best people who share our values.
This job posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.