Information Technology | Beaverton, OR | Full Time
Digimarc is the inventor of the Digimarc Platform featuring Digimarc Barcode, which enables any object or media to be reliably and efficiently identified to reduce food waste, lessen manufacturing errors, protect the authenticity and security of products, reduce plastic waste, promote consumer engagement and much more.
We are a global, values-based organization that recognizes our employees’ talents, resources and products can help promote a better future, both locally and across the world. We are curious and courageous, and believe our Platform can address challenging issues, such as the traceability and transparency of products across supply chains or the impact of plastic packaging on the environment. We believe the talent of every employee can make a difference.
We are a publicly-traded company that has been operating since 1995. Please join us and help contribute to a better future. We are Digimarc.
We are seeking a talented Security Engineer to join a fast-paced, driven team. This role will support and monitor the Cyber Security practices working with technical teams throughout the organization, leveraging Cyber Security processes and tools to deliver an end-to-end proactive cybersecurity architecture. The architecture will include technical implementation of incident and event management processes, workflow customization, ticketing, process automation, report development, dashboard creation, security tool selections, policy creation, and system configurations.
The Security Engineer is responsible for developing, operations, and maintaining multiple security risk management systems. Needs to have a moderate to expert level of understanding of System and Network Engineering, routing protocols, switching, and firewalling. Experience working with development tools and teams a plus.
WHAT YOU WILL DO…
- Monitor and test intrusion prevention, intrusion detection, and firewall rules in alignment with Digimarc security policies, ensuring change management best practices.
- Develop and maintain Access Control Lists and permission models on various security tool suites to ensure a proactive network defense posture.
- Utilize industry tools like Rapid7, Qualys, Tenable, Office 365, AlienVault, X-Ray, Nessus, Nmap, and CyberChaff to accurately analyze and report on the overall health of all deployed networks to determine systems security weaknesses and shortfalls
- Work with network team to configure Cisco routers and switches to provide access control lists (ACL) and firewall configuration
- Perform incident analysis, recommend remediation steps, and orchestrate available resources to respond per appropriate incident response plans.
- Analyze alerts as well as develop new escalation triggers and reporting on an ongoing basis.
- Participate in interconnecting the SIEM tool with sources of network infrastructure data flows.
- Configure and manage security tools and network infrastructure devices in compliance with Department of Defense requirements while ensuring continued compliance.
- Work with the Development, System, Network, and Support teams to ensure security devices/tools are correctly configured to monitor, track, and analyze networks/systems for potential security violations.
- Also, provide security subject matter expertise throughout the tasking and translate security requirements into technical designs/solutions.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR…
- 5+ years of related experience
- Certifications required in both network and system areas, valid certificates from (Cisco/Juniper/Microsoft/Apple/Red Hat)
- Security certifications desirable from (Cisco/(ISC)2/Microsoft/SANS/GIAC/EC-Council)
- Alignment with the core Digimarc values of Innovation, Caring, Loyalty, Integrity, Commitment, and Knowledge in a dynamic working environment
Digimarc is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected factor.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.