Information Technology | Beaverton, OR | Full Time
Digimarc is the inventor of Digimarc Discover® software and Digimarc Barcode for the automatic identification of virtually any object. We provide a powerful platform to create new applications for retail, consumer goods, publishing, banking, media and entertainment, and more.
We are a global, values-based organization empowering talented engineers and scientists, along with a wide-range of sales, marketing and operations professionals to manage a publicly-traded company consistently ranked as one of Oregon’s best places to work. Will you join us? We are Digimarc: The Barcode of Everything™.
Digimarc is seeking a Salesforce Developer in the Beaverton, OR office. As part of a small, fast-paced multi-disciplined team working in an agile environment, this individual will work on multiple internal and external projects in support of Digimarc product lines.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS / MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other Duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time. As a Salesforce Developer, you will be able to perform the following duties:
- Develop software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; perform software design using software development fundamentals and processes; debug, test, and deploy software solutions
- Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation that includes clear descriptions of business processes and corresponding solutions, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code
- Plan and forecast software project scope and timelines with a high degree of accuracy
- Develop and maintain product test software and demonstrations for training purposes. Additionally, prepare or assist in making training material for users
- Protect operations by keeping information confidential
- Actively participate in product design reviews by providing creative and practical ideas and solutions in a teamwork environment
- Perform and participate in code reviews with other Software Engineers to ensure shared understanding of application functionality as well as give and receive constructive feedback
- Perform administrative duties for line-of-business applications; including researching/troubleshooting issues and providing support
- Work with software vendors to acquire, implement and troubleshoot ISV solutions
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years' experience in Salesforce, APEX, VisualForce, Lightning (Design, Develop, Support)
- Strong experience with automated Salesforce deployment and package management
- BS Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience developing distributed systems a plus
- Experience with Microsoft Great Plains (GP) a plus
- Ability to write Stored Procedures, write complex SQL queries, and ability to analyze SQL data is a plus
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Suite (SSRS, SSAS, SSIS) a plus
- Experience with cloud based application development plus: Azure, AWS
- Attention to detail and commitment to high quality/error free deliverables
- Must be motivated, independent and self-sufficient Able to receive an assigned task and see it through to completion with minimal supervision
- Must be well organized, a good communicator, able to effectively prioritize tasks, and manage your projects from concept to production
- Must be able to write thorough and concise functional and design specifications as well as easily readable end user documentation
- Must be able to brainstorm with others, thrive in a collaborative team environment, multi task, and quickly adapt to change
- Possess leadership skills and ability to be led in a manner that is healthy to our positive and productive work environment
- Emphasizes personal and professional growth by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Must rely on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals in a variety of tasks
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills
- Alignment with the core Digimarc values of Innovation, Caring, Loyalty, Integrity, Commitment, and Knowledge in a fun, fast paced working environment
Digimarc is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected factor.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.