Engineering and R&D | Remote | Full Time
Are you a catalyst for change? A driver to new destinations? A steward for sustainability? If those are some of the attributes that describe you, then read on. We are looking for ambitious bring-it-on-problem-solvers who are dedicated to doing what’s right for the planet. Join our team and help make the circular economy a reality.
From product packaging to music, government documents to e-books, Digimarc enhances nearly any form of media with a digital identity that is reliably and easily scanned. The Digimarc Platform provides shipping boxes, auto parts, audio files and even plastic bottles with individual identities to help solve pressing challenges. Our teams are curious and courageous. We are dedicated risk takers, yet our decision making is always grounded in our core values. We believe our Platform can address some of the planet’s most challenging issues, such as plastic waste in our oceans, the impact of climate change and the threat to consumer safety posed by counterfeit products in our supply chains. We believe the talent of every employee can make a difference. Come join us and help contribute to a better future.
Digimarc is seeking a Research Associate. As a research associate in a small fast paced team, this individual will be responsible for management and execution of research tasks under the leadership of the primary investigator or subject matter expert. Working independently, the candidate will identify methods and protocols for research projects and build software tools and models to facilitate experimentation. The candidate will be responsible for the collection, summarization, analysis and creation of actionable conclusions for the research team. The technology focus will be on applied research to create content identification algorithms and techniques. Limited travel may be required.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR…
- Degree in Math, Physics, Statistics, Electrical Engineering or Computer Science (or equivalent experience)
- MATLAB or Python prototyping skills
- Familiarity with SW development processes and tools such as Git, CMake
- Experience in test design, data analysis and presentation
- Experience with Adobe Illustrator and/or Adobe Photoshop is preferred
- Familiarity with Agile development and test methodologies is preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Enjoys learning new algorithms and technologies in fast pace team
- Possesses strong technical curiosity, is self-motivated, collaborative, and able to prioritize tasks
- Alignment with the core Digimarc values of Innovation, Caring, Loyalty, Integrity, Commitment, and Knowledge in a fun, fast paced working environment
Digimarc is seeking diverse applicants. We are an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected factor. We want the best people who share our values.
This job posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.