Quality Control Technician - Temporary
Client Services | Beaverton, OR | Temporary
Digimarc is the inventor of Digimarc Discover® software and Digimarc Barcode for the automatic identification of virtually any object. We provide a powerful platform to create new applications for retail, consumer goods, publishing, banking, media and entertainment, and more.
We are a global, values-based organization empowering talented engineers and scientists, along with a wide-range of sales, marketing and operations professionals to manage a publicly-traded company consistently ranked as one of Oregon’s best places to work. Will you join us? We are Digimarc: The Barcode of Everything™.
Digimarc is seeking a Quality Control Technician for a four-month temporary position. As a Quality Control Technician, you are expected to perform functions associated with quality control and quality assurance operations, including working with engineers in set-up and calibration tasks and carrying out rework and quality assurance procedures related to production or operations. Uses sophisticated programs to collect and evaluate data to assist in assessing and documenting results of quality assurance and control processes. Determines and may assist in developing methods and procedures for quality assurance and control. Works with engineers in conducting experiments.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Detail-oriented, excellent record keeping and documentation skills
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and processes
- Diligent and ability to thrive in a highly collaborative environment
- Resourceful and creative problem solver
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as procedure manuals and regulatory documents
- Ability to perform daily quality control activities to the published procedures
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management level
- Ability to write reports & business correspondence
- Demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and demands working with minimum supervision
- Experience or strong familiarity with print industry quality control desirable
- Proficiency in MS Office Products (Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
- Associate’s Degree, Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent years of work experience in a QC role
- Alignment with the core Digimarc values of Innovation, Caring, Loyalty, Integrity, Commitment, and Knowledge in a fun, fast paced working environment
- Work with Professional Services Designers and Customer Services teams to insure Digimarc print products meet the highest standards for quality
- Perform repeatable, standardized test procedures that evaluate Digimarc’s digital watermarking technology applied to print
- Test print materials/products using a variety of Point-of-Sale and mobile device platforms
- Track Packaging Workflow Processes into CRM software
- Accurately record and tabulate results data for final reporting to the team and customer
- Contribute to the improvement of Digimarc’s Quality Control processes and procedures.
- Good color vision and overall visual acuity
- Typing and sitting daily
- Physical demands include repeated lifting, bending, twisting, kneeling
- Reliable transportation
- Occasional lifting of packages up to 25 lbs.
Digimarc is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected factor.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.