Proposal Writer - Temporary
Sales | Beaverton, OR | Full Time, Contract, and Temporary
Digimarc is the inventor of Digimarc Discover® software and Digimarc Barcode for the automatic identification of virtually any object. We provide a powerful platform to create new applications for retail, consumer goods, publishing, banking, media and entertainment, and more.
We are a global, values-based organization empowering talented engineers and scientists, along with a wide-range of sales, marketing and operations professionals to manage a publicly-traded company consistently ranked as one of Oregon’s best places to work. Will you join us? We are Digimarc: The Barcode of Everything™.
Digimarc is seeking an enthusiastic and talented Proposal Writer for a contract position. The ideal candidate is an excellent team player with strong experience in technical writing and proposal development. The successful candidate will work with Program Management, Sales, Product Management, Software, QA and internal stakeholders to plan and deliver winning proposals, incorporate ongoing process improvement, and deliver top tier writing and organizational capabilities in responding to sales opportunities.
- Acquire and maintain a thorough understanding of Digimarc technology
- Glean and hone proposal theme and messaging tailored for each customer
- Compose and finalize multi-year, enterprise B2B proposals
- Collaborate with technical staff and other resources to gather the information required for proposals
- Collaborate with stakeholders (sales, program managers, product managers, marketing, technical managers, etc.) to ensure that proposals meets their requirements
- Proactively review, revise, and improve proposal communication processes, workflows, and deliverables
- Monitor, track, and report out to senior staff on progress with live proposals
- Support and participate in internal and external debrief efforts
- Organize and maintain content library
- Other projects as planned or requested
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 2+ years’ experience in proposal writing
- Possesses exemplary verbal, writing, and collaboration skills
- Careful attention to detail
- Enthusiasm for learning new technologies
- Commitment to egoless collaboration
- Self-reliant approach to problem-solving
- Flexibility to respond quickly to changing specifications and requirements
- Facility with or ability to quickly learn the essential tools, including Microsoft Word, Confluence, and proposal development tools
- Highly desirable: Understanding of software development concepts and experience working with agile software teams
- Highly desirable: Experience with software project management tools: source control, Agile process management
- Exposure or understanding of graphic design, pre-press and printing process and techniques
- Alignment with the core Digimarc values of Innovation, Caring, Loyalty, Integrity, Commitment, and Knowledge in a fun, fast paced working environment
Digimarc is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected factor.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.